november baja 1000 expedition 07

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well unfortunetly this trip has been cancelled to many bad omens and tuff times. COry my passenger had to bail, mike main passenger had to bail for $ issues mike broke his hand and I have been haing a mix of $ and :Mechanic: issues wit the truck.

Chris and Anne from Campa are still going they are going to run the rocky point trip. and then head dowen to Bahia De Loa Angeles area, then head back up to Yuma and run El Camino Del Diablo.

Mike and I have just had arun of Bad luck lately both personally and in buisness so we have had to back out. We were so excited about the trip and testing several new products but forces of darkness have us at our wits end.

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
That really sucks for all of you. I am painfully aware how much time and effort goes into planning these thing's. And also how disappointed you all must feel at the moment. I suffered a similar experience in 02 only weeks before running the Paris Dakar.

Find a bottle of JD, cry for a week. And come back smiling:) . And then concentrate on the 2008 campaign.

I wish i could find some reassuring and sympathetic words that would help. I cant,

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Yep and last week alot of work went into mike rig putting in a new sterringbox and partial ram assist unit. He shattered his steering box when he curbed his truck leaving the pub. THe new Straight axle and cross over steering was to much for the factory box.

As for my rig. I am just going to take my time get everyting the way I want and then when we come out west leave it and fly home so I can just fly out for trips. In the long run I will probably wheel more days per year and it will cost about the same since fuel is getting expensive. I think I can probably fly out maybe 4x per year I'm shooting for 2 longer trips 10-14 days and 2 long weekends

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan