OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

USMCBladerunner

I just replaced the front box gas assist struts with these from Amazon...direct fit...no problems, just keep the washer from the old set and reuse with these...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CR2XX77?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

lacresta

Check out Willy's post. I think it's the easiest and safest thing to use on the Dwellers. Hi-Lift jacks work but can be dangerous (I have one on my Dweller but haven't used it). I think the leveling blocks and a flat surface are more stable than jack extensions, but I don't have concrete data to support that claim.
Thanks for the info. After a long review I found Willy’s post. ?

lacresta

If you leave the water tank valve position lever (under the mattress) in the middle position, it will feed/Fill from both front and rear tanks. It will gravity fill/bleed over to equalize both tank levels over time (in minutes).
If you only want to use/Fill the front tank, position the feed lever to the front tank only position and fill the front tank port.

This same procedure also applies to the rear tank, position the feed lever to the rear tank only and fill the rear tank port.
Perfect.
You’d think they’d put this in the owners manual. Must be the “frustrate the ******** out of your customers “ business model.

Attachments

• 319C875A-0318-4909-B0EF-718E8310AB4D.jpeg
    319C875A-0318-4909-B0EF-718E8310AB4D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 38

USR103

Cheaper than what I was looking at: https://safejacks.com/products/adjustable-bottle-jack-extensionvariant=1195442845
In addition to the extension (depending on your bottle jacks ram diameter) you might need the collar. Get's close to $100.
I use the Safe Jack products and like them a lot. They build stuff for the military. I have the bottle jack with some extensions. the base for the jack is very stable. They make a a base for the high lift jack and it is very sound. Hi lifts are a great tool if used correctly. That is a fine line. I teach those jacks in a rescue school. I have seen many near misses and a few injuries. What ever you do, train on it and become very familiar with it before its needed on the trail. My two cents....

rblitz

I just replaced the front box gas assist struts with these from Amazon...direct fit...no problems, just keep the washer from the old set and reuse with these...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CR2XX77?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
How did you get the ball stud off of the lower mounting bracket? I'm having a hard time finding a way to get a wrench in there to grab the nut.

USMCBladerunner

Nevermind, it looks like the nut is welded or somehow affixed to the bracket and you just unscrew the nut on the ball stud.
Yep...I was worried about that too, but the ball stud came right off with a wrench, and the bolts for the replacement strut fit right into the nuts inside the box frame. Super lucky and easy.

rblitz

Yep...I was worried about that too, but the ball stud came right off with a wrench, and the bolts for the replacement strut fit right into the nuts inside the box frame. Super lucky and easy.
Thanks for doing the research on the struts. I just bought off of your recommendation. Now my locker pops up like...well I'll leave it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle