OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

USR103

ROA designed the wrap and had a local company in Salt Lake City apply it. They did a great job. I’m in the San Fernando Valley. I was thinking of the D15 as I really like the layout but I travel alone 95% of the time, so the D13 makes more sense for me.
Yeah, we chose the 15 us two and our great dane

Treefarmer1

ROA designed the wrap and had a local company in Salt Lake City apply it. They did a great job. I’m in the San Fernando Valley. I was thinking of the D15 as I really like the layout but I travel alone 95% of the time, so the D13 makes more sense for me.
Any idea how long a wrap lasts before it starts to peel or fade and needs to be replaced? What is the maintenance program if any? (wash and wax annually?). I've always wondered how the whole wrap concept works and if it is more durable than decals. A wrap does look good when new.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Any idea how long a wrap lasts before it starts to peel or fade and needs to be replaced? What is the maintenance program if any? (wash and wax annually?). I've always wondered how the whole wrap concept works and if it is more durable than decals. A wrap does look good when new.

Judging on my trailer it's just a big decal. My trailer is going on a year old all looks good. I believe most wrap shops say 5 years tops on a wrap. Mine was designed from a photo of the Fitz Roy mnts. Hoping to get 3 years.

LaBlaze

Hey all! Has anyone had any problems with the bar you use to push the roof up losing it's alibilty to stay tight? Not sure how to explain it but one side has lost the ability to click into place and stay that way. Pretty upsetting seeing we've only used it 10 times or so now.
Also has anyone bent the back side flap of the back bed extension? Ours bent slightly right where it latches with the side locking bolt and now the bolt won't slide in to lock it. Not sure if I should just hammer it out or just talk to the rv place and see if we can get a new side piece under warranty. We're also not sure how it got bent so we can avoid it in the future.

And a word of warning. If you're going to be doing offroading with low hanging branches you might want to find a way to make sure the wire that runs from the awning to that black box doesn't catch on branches. On a small windy mountain road with lots of branches hanging over the road we ripped off that black box on the side and the wires are all frayed now and hanging.. lesson learned!!

We're on the last leg of our 3,000 mile roadtrip and all in all our dweller has been doing well.
We definitely need to get a torque wrench though for the torturing the lug nuts after each trip. I know someone said they torqued theirs to 140 lbs? But ROA said 90 lbs per sq ft or whatever the measurement is. Does anyone know the correct #? Our little white dots aren't lined up but I'm not stressing it right now.

A few pics from our trip.

Attachments

• 20231228_093352.jpg
    20231228_093352.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 20231227_082731.jpg
    20231227_082731.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
Hey all! Has anyone had any problems with the bar you use to push the roof up losing it's alibilty to stay tight? Not sure how to explain it but one side has lost the ability to click into place and stay that way. Pretty upsetting seeing we've only used it 10 times or so now.
Also has anyone bent the back side flap of the back bed extension? Ours bent slightly right where it latches with the side locking bolt...
@LaBlaze do you have a pic of what you mean?

LaBlaze

@LaBlaze do you have a pic of what you mean?
Not sure which issue you mean.
In the photo of the side (the camper is current closed up so using an old photo)... on the side piece, where it's at the 90 degree angle by the latch, it's bent a little so the bolt latch won't lock in place. For the roof, the metal handle you use to push it up won't lock into place anymore. And then there's a photo of our awning mishap

Attachments

• 20231208_143920.jpg
    20231208_143920.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231229_100421.jpg
    20231229_100421.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 20231229_094407.jpg
    20231229_094407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32

Treefarmer1

Judging on my trailer it's just a big decal. My trailer is going on a year old all looks good. I believe most wrap shops say 5 years tops on a wrap. Mine was designed from a photo of the Fitz Roy mnts. Hoping to get 3 years.
When it comes time to re-wrap it, I'll be curious to hear how difficult it is and where you get it done.

DesertMarmot

Re: Lithium Battery Upgrade question

I‘m looking to upgrade to three 100ah batteries on my D13. Is this just a straight drop-in procedure or do you need to upgrade the wiring for the lithium batteries ? I‘m aware of the change needed for the solar controller for the change from the AGM batteries to Lithium batteries. Is there any other things that need to be considered when making this upgrade ?

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!

Here is my 1990 Featherlite enclosed trailer that was wrapped in 2003.

The trailer has sat outside every day since 2003. The worst fading and material cracking is with the white areas on the trailer.

Wrap technology has infinitely changed for the better since 2003 with much better UV protection options, installation techniques and wrap materials.

With a WRAP NO BODY SHOP JAIL with you being a Dollar waiting on a Nickel no count deadbeat body/paint person. Wrap completed in 1-3 days. INFINITE design and color options with a WRAP that you could never afford to duplicate in paint. A WRAP is easily removable if and when you want to sell the vehicle/trailer or change designs. Maintenance is wash and keep the wrap edges sealed once a year.

With ALL a WRAP has to offer my next paint job will be a WRAP!

featherlite trailer.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle