OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Xid_az

I had some ceiling light pulsing after I switched to Lithium as well, I don't think that I ever looked at the Renogy Inverter while this was going on, but I did throw a multimeter on the positive and negative 12V distribution blocks and the voltage was moving up and down in a similar fashion to what your video shows.
What I ended up doing was lowering the Renogy PWM charge controller's output from the boost of 14.6V to 12V. The pulsing stopped. I then slowly increased the boost voltage and I hit a point where it started pulsing started again, around 13.5 if I recall correctly. I lowered the boost voltage down a few tenths and the lights seemed to stay steady. This was all during the day, without a cloud in the sky. My batteries have stay well charged so far and I've not had any more pulsing. I'm attributing it to the PWM charge controller, whether it's going bad or just something the PWM does with these particular lithium's, I don't know. I have a Victron MPPT waiting to be installed, so I'll see what happens with that when I set a higher boost voltage.
Follow up on my pulsing lights. I swapped in the Victron MPPT 100/30 yesterday and so far, no flickering/pulsing of the interior lights, like I had with the Renogy PWM controller.

USR103

Customer Service Hotline
0n4z.jpg

+86 (021)57793893-801
Email
emex.jpg

info@awnlux.com
Head office address
q93a.jpg

5-6#, 651L,taogan road,sheshan industry zone,songjiang district,201602 Shanghai,China

Founded in 2010 in Shanghai, Wareda has abundant experience in R&D on sunshade awnings. Awnlux is our brand which covers various awnings for RV, trailer, caravan and motorhome. With our rich experience and considerate services, we have been recognized as a reliable supplier by many international buyers.

Not sure if this helps... This manual was in the storage compartment of the dweller at our dealership. Try contacting Obi directly in Tempe. Good luck if they answer their phone. Unfortunately, YOU would probably have better luck contacting awnlux directly in China.
Thank you

50pentz

A short story.

My wife and I live in Whidbey Island Washington. This year we finally replaced our well traveled 01' Nissan Xterra that had towed everything from my 22' C-Dory, popup trailer, to a Dirt track race car. We had a 23' Chevy Colorado Trailboss built to our liking, put a camper shell on it and have really enjoyed running it up the mountains.

While on a three week work trip to Fallon Nevada, I had just about seen everything there was to see in that small town by about day two. On the third day, after driving by this cool little trailer in a car lot I decided to swing by and have a look, if nothing more than to kill some more time...Turns out the small trailer was a Dweller 13.

The salesman was a nice younger gentleman who actually had done his research on the trailer. He took his time, opened everything up, talked over all of the details and let me crawl all over the thing looking for issues.

I have owned everything from a big name popup to a 33' 5th wheel that my wife and I lived in for three years in Dallas Texas. I have a CDL and haul my excavator with a 1 ton on a gooseneck. Most trailers are junk, period. You kinda get to know it is what it is and accept that it's going to need work. My 5th wheel had to go all the way back to Indiana for warranty work to have a new slide put in, front cap pulled and new wall built, and the other slide pulled for a repair on its wall. That's an extreme example, but not uncommon..

I was impressed on the build quality. That's what got my attention. China built or otherwise, its built far and above any other large scale manufacturer. The wiring was run through clamps, not just laid out like spaghetti. Nothing was haphazardly thrown together hiding behind a door or cabinet. It was a nice looking, solid built little trailer.

I thanked the salesman for his time and went back to my hotel room and began to read and devour every bit of information about OBI and Dweller the internet had to offer. Which brought me to this site. I read all 72 pages, waited to be approved by the Mods for a few days, then went back and looked over the pictures I couldn't see..

- No manual, fine...
- Change shocks maybe, fine...
- Dealer and manufacturer communication issue, no suprise there either...
-some folks dont like the hitch, fine...

No rot issues, no major leak issues, no screams of "I'm getting a lawyer" talk.. I'm in!

It's a trailer. And this one was marked down to 29k. Do I need it, no, but we had discussed getting another one if the price was right and it fit the tow profile for the Colorado.

So now I call the wife and send her the hour long video from ROA. She listens to my rambles and then says nothing about it for the next three days, so I figure it's a pass from her. On the fourth day she asks when I'm buying the trailer! So back to the dealership, another two hours crawling over the camper looking at everything. Made the dealership test tow it with a small 1/2 ton to make sure it tracked well enough. Then offered 25k to which they happily took.

This last Thursday I flew out of Reno at 6am, got home and loaded the truck with gear, tools to swap shocks if I thought it was needed, waited for my wife to get done with work at 2:30pm and down the road we went back to Fallon.

Hitched the trailer. Made three stops for 30lb propane bottles, a fill of the front water tank and a Wally World stop for some other trailer essentials..

Though Hwy 80 to 199 pointed the loose direct of the coast, then north..

To be continued...gotta go to work to pay for my bad habbit of buying trailers in other states out of boredom...View attachment 807487
dude, welcome to the Dweller community!

dude, welcome to the Dweller community!
Welcome ! This site is a saving grace for a lot of people, since Vincent and Dustin, who are the 2 guys that run Obi are a couple of clowns. No tech support, No emailed responses, No returned phone calls and heck, they rarely answer their phone in the first place. There are quite a few dealers including Roa, that are jumping ship from Obi, because they virtually have no support. Obi, still has the dealership we purchased from on their site as an active dealer, which I have been told numerous times, they are no longer selling their product. The sad thing is, the Obi product is great, but everything else about them sucks ! We really like our Dweller, just not manufacturer. Obi, is really not a manufacturer anyways, they are more like a middle man. All they do at their facility, is install a few things that the manufacturer in China does not. Then send off to their few remaining dealerships across country. Roa, was thier best salesmen, but they screwed that up too and Roa, is no longer selling their product. I digress. lol. This website is super helpful ! Congratrs on your new baby.

With Obi being such a small size company, I think they have around only 10 ish employees, you would think they would do a much better job with their customer support side.

kevin8119

The city water internal lines are in the left of your picture. They have the grey plastic Hex connections you can put a wrench on.

No flood, I saw water dripping out of the front left of the camper on a dry day immediately after hooking up the hose to the city water connection. No damage.
same problem - where was your drip? I haven't been able to find mine yet.

same problem - where was your drip? I haven't been able to find mine yet.
Here’s the extra length of clear pipe I inserted. Like the Dweller cousins, our Conqueror’s length of hose was simply too short from the factory and it had a tendency to slip off the fitting. IMG_1723.jpeg

View attachment 817887
Do you mean there? where the side pieces hold up the top piece? The L part of the side pieces for us have bent after only 2 months. Do you have pictures of what you did?
I mean inside here. I found a black powder coated decorative L-bracket at HD made out of steel and cut it to fit. Bolts to hold it in place. You might just make out the stock metal bracket starting to fatigue in the upper right.
IMG_1724.jpeg

JB4

Hi everyone, I just brought home a '23 Dweller 15! I have been following this thread and am very impressed with everyone's can do attitude and skills!! I was going in prepared to make some of the basic mods. Shocks and breaker for co alarm. I started looking at it and the shocks were already changed over, and the breaker had been installed. I took the rear spares off, just in case, did not want to have any of that sway. I drove upwards of 80, but mostly 70 mpg all the way back to Western Washington. No sway to speak of! I was so relieved. We did stop in Spokane and stay the night, stove worked, heater worked great, batteries lasted all night. Will report back once I get to try out the rest of the systems, and keep tabs on all the other goings on here. Thank you everyone for your contributions!! I do have one clearance light that was cracked up, we'll see if the dealership comes through with a replacement.

Hi everyone, I just brought home a '23 Dweller 15! I have been following this thread and am very impressed with everyone's can do attitude and skills!! I was going in prepared to make some of the basic mods. Shocks and breaker for co alarm. I started looking at it and the shocks were already changed over, and the breaker had been installed. I took the rear spares off, just in case, did not want to have any of that sway. I drove upwards of 80, but mostly 70 mpg all the way back to Western Washington. No sway to speak of! I was so relieved. We did stop in Spokane and stay the night, stove worked, heater worked great, batteries lasted all night. Will report back once I get to try out the rest of the systems, and keep tabs on all the other goings on here. Thank you everyone for your contributions!! I do have one clearance light that was cracked up, we'll see if the dealership comes through with a replacement.
which dealerships did you get your purchase from ? Congrats on your new rig !

USR103

Congratulations. Your going to have fun

Reactions: JB4

JB4

which dealerships did you get your purchase from ? Congrats on your new rig !
Thanks!! I got it from Bishes RV in Calispell. Last one they will be selling at that location. There are some more at different Bishes locations, but I get the feeling that they are not going to be getting any more stock.
I also noticed that they added some padding in the propain tank holders for a better fit. 😁

Thanks!! I got it from Bishes RV in Calispell. Last one they will be selling at that location. There are some more at different Bishes locations, but I get the feeling that they are not going to be getting any more stock.
I also noticed that they added some padding in the propain tank holders for a better fit. 😁
Good luck getting your clearance light replacement ! These dealers are only as good as their supporting cast ( Obi, Conqueror in Tempe az) .
Getting parts from them is like pulling teeth. That is probably one of the reason's why Bish's is selling off and not bringing in new Obi product, like other dealerships in the country. They are tired of their no customer support. Love our rig, just not obi in tempe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle