Off Grid/Mobile Solar System! In Arizona

ProtoTribal

Observer
If you've been thinking about installing a solar power system here's an excellent deal.

I could probably get all of this stuff shipped within the continental US for $500-700 but I'd much rather deliver it in person so this is really a deal for those in central Arizona. Located in Camp Verde, AZ but can be delivered to Phoenix or Flagstaff. The price is $3400.

This system was installed on a 24' box truck and comes with the racks necessary to mount the panels on the roof of a similar sized vehicle/trailer.

I used this system for the last two years to power a mobile machine shop and never ran out of juice. It uses top quality components and is designed for an off-grid application. I sold the truck that it was installed in and I need to downgrade to a smaller setup now so this system is up for sale!!! This system will power some lights and a small air conditioner all day and can also power large power tools and appliances intermittently.

System consists of:
10 Kaneka 60 watt, 67 volt, .9A panels = 600watt array
Midnight Solar Combiner with breakers and ac/dc lightning arrestors
Outback MPPT60 Charge Controller
Battery Bank with box and wiring using 8 Trojan T-105 6v 220ah batteries Total capacity 12v 440ah!!!
Sunforce 2500 watt continuous, 4500 watt peak, Pure Sine Inverter
AC breaker box
Trimetric RV Battery/usage monitor

This setup cost well over $5k and has performed flawlessly!
I can also install the system at your location for a very reasonable fee!

I'm open to offers/trades so if you need this setup, don't be shy and just make me an offer!

Here's a video showing most of the major components. Please skip to the end for the solar stuff. The machine tools and truck have been sold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2Hlz2X2FU&list

Video of the panels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jotdl3kq ... re=channel

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Good stuff. You should consider posting this on the NAWS forum as well.

ProtoTribal

Observer
Thanks for the tip dwh!

New Price!!! If you can bring cash and come pick it up within 7 days....... $3,000!

I need to sell this stuff asap!

Will sell solar panels with combiner ($950) and or battery bank ($850) separately!

ProtoTribal

Observer
I put this system together myself. It's a unique setup. I needed the ability to run high power loads like a lathe and cnc mill intermittently but most packaged systems had either way too much panel or not enough inverter. This setup is tailored to a guy in a shop prototyping, meaning it will run the lights and computers all day and still have enough power to run larger equipment intermittently throughout the day. The only reason that I'm not keeping it is that I sold most of my equipment and have gone from a 24 foot box truck to an old 19ft single rear axle rv pulling a 6 x 9 enclosed trailer with one work bench in it. I need a system that's smaller, lighter, and with much less capacity now.

This would be an excellent setup for an off-grid cabin, or to set back up on a bigger trailer for expedition/race support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman