Off-road office set up

jhmoore

I'm trying to figure out the cell phone situation, but don't know how to do that. I need to look into the boosters for our T-mobile

I did my first "work from not home" last fall and am heading out again soon after I get my second COVID shot 12 days from now. I agonized over the WeBoost and whether it was worth the flipping $500 price tag, but ended up buying it and it has worked really well. It won't create network where there is none, but it'll totally make it much better when it's there but week. As an example, I did the White Rim Trail in February and had signal strong enough to send videos pretty much the entire first day (going clockwise). Much less signal the second day. Most people only have weak signal at a couple points on the east side; none on the west side.

So you do need to pick a spot with a signal that is boostable, but it's much better than without.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting on Starlink to go mobile!

TeamDoty

Cpt. TeamDoty
Yup, this is exactly the efficient solution I was looking for. Now how to get one?
Sorry I haven't been on in a while... here's a drawing of mine... this should get you close if you're making one of your own. I started with a cardboard cut out to verify positioning and clearances before cutting mine out of 1/2 birch ply.

Attachments

• SteeringWheelDesk_MK_I.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SteeringWheelDesk_MK_I.png
    SteeringWheelDesk_MK_I.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 20

TeamDoty

Cpt. TeamDoty
I was inspired by this company's product:

YouTube also has quite a few videos of other products/reviews and some DIY videos.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I was inspired by this company's product:

YouTube also has quite a few videos of other products/reviews and some DIY videos.

Simplicity defined.... brilliant!

As far as a tent, here’s what we’ve had for years. The great thing about this is you can drive away and leave it free standing, or keep it attached to your SUV or capped truck, and access the truck bed for gear or sleeping or ? from within the tent

52FE6B36-124D-44B7-B777-52A792CFDB99.jpeg

chet6.7

Explorer
Simplicity defined.... brilliant!

As far as a tent, here’s what we’ve had for years. The great thing about this is you can drive away and leave it free standing, or keep it attached to your SUV or capped truck, and access the truck bed for gear or sleeping or ? from within the tent

View attachment 656812
What is the brand of tent? How quick is the set up? Thanks.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
What is the brand of tent? How quick is the set up? Thanks.

That’s a quality made tent from Cabela’s but unfortunately they don’t sell them anymore. Set up takes, hmmm, maybe @* mins?

The newer ones out there are cheaper (IMHO) nylon but can be had to attach to your rig with either a side or rear door. The rear door models have better more useable floor space.

Here is one example still sold today (these styles really are great multi purpose tents)::
B49B44F8-0CA0-49B4-843F-FD96FD14E198.jpeg

* depends on how tired you are (long day drive), how helpful and obedient your partner is and how many beers you both have consumed ?, but best guess in good conditions, maybe 15 mins max?

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
ArcHaus makes a great vehicle too, but while they set up quicker, they seem to have less room in them.

22EABCD8-A969-4E44-91C0-077DA2EFD405.jpeg5D24E409-1A31-4081-ADCB-F072A9C9562F.jpegEF259CFA-9E72-4461-9B92-28882C54F9EE.jpeg

marychap

I’m going on a trip next week, and the information is beneficial. I’m working from home now, so I decided to go on a journey while working. I think it will be cool in a way, plus it’s my last week of work probably since I’m planning to open my own business. I’ve been saving money for five years now, and it’s the perfect time to invest in something that might make me happier. I already found an ideal office for rent on this website https://osdoro.com.sg/office-space-for-rent/ , and I’ll probably rent it out as soon as I come back from my trip. I really hope everything will work out for me.

Last edited:

MiamiC70

This and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998