Official ExPo Easter Jeep Safari Thread!

Explore

Observer
Scott, UP, and others,
Just got back from Moab tonight.. Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the AEV ride, and it was a pleasure meeting you guys..
* Sure we'll be seeing you guys around..

Stay Safe,

Justin & Ian
AEV Rubi Unlimited

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Just got back from Moab, from doing the EJS Vendor show. We were displaying our XT 140 with the boys from Nemesis Industries. They make incredible aluminum fender flares, and armor, and bumpers.

Also got the chance to go wheeling with the guys in their JK4 with a 6.4lVVT. Just a ridiculously capable vehicle on 40's, that makes it all too powerful and easy.
They are also affiliated with Burnsville Off Road, so do a ton of Hemi conversions.
Photo's after some rest!

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Heading that way in 15 minutes....:wings:

so anything from anybody @ the vendor show?

I just got back from an East Coast version of the EJS at Rausch and was hoping for an AEV hovercraft or something. where are the pics?!? :drool:

Scott Brady

Founder
From my experience, the vendor show is kind of meh. . . Too windy and most vendors don't bring their A game. I find it odd that no one in most booths pay attention to media walking around. Huge missed opportunity on their part. There are obviously a few exceptions, with several teams being very professional and engaging everyone coming into or by their booth. TJM was doing a good job, as was Mac's Custom Tiedowns and a few others. Too many other vendors were just talking among themselves.

AEV had a display downtown, but they got hammered with crazy wind. It seemed like they had steady traffic though. The Jeep area downtown was also impressive and better managed this year. They had Jeeps of every type and everyone could walk through there and check things out. Jeep really understands engagement now, and it shows. A J8 with a .50 cal on top proves that.

Jeep_EJS_1.jpg

The new Jeep Wrangler Mojave. The fender graphic is ok, and I like the overall color scheme. Hood graphic - not so much
Jeep_EJS_2.jpg

I really, really like this Grand Cherokee. The grey and black are a nice touch, as is the impressive performance. The level of refinement of these trucks is lightyears ahead of the '93 and '96 I owned many years ago.
Jeep_EJS_4.jpg

Sweet J8 in full military trim
Jeep_EJS_5.jpg

ARB had a full project truck on display. Nice color matching and tighter integration of modifications. Reminds me of ARB project vehicles from 10 years ago. Nicely done.
Jeep_EJS_6.jpg

Mopar-built Rubicon. Nice to see more Jeeps with half-doors and soft tops. Not sure I like the bumpers though. There are many other (much better) options out there. Oh, and never, never, never, never put chrome on a Wrangler. . .
Jeep_EJS_7.jpg

Sure, the SRT8 will never see dirt - who cares! I love these wheels.
Jeep_EJS_8.jpg

510hp
Jeep_EJS_9.jpg

The VP of Marketing for Jeep was there and handled the second half of the new vehicle announcements. This shows Jeep's commitment to the segment and their enthusiast customers.
Jeep_EJS_10.jpg

The Jeep design team was also present and ran several trails with us. They get it.
Jeep_EJS_12.jpg

Jeep's Chief Designer (and long-time Overland Journal subscriber) was also on hand. A love for the brand and commitment to performance is setting Jeep apart.
Jeep_EJS_13.jpg

We have a new long-term test vehicle in the stable - more details soon, including a pretty serious trip we have planned with it.
Jeep_EJS_3.jpg

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I was driving westbound on the 70 from Glenwood to Grand Junction yesterday.
Saw lots of amazing rigs heading home from EJS. :drool:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Another great EJS, was great catching up with many of you and seeing the new products firsthand, Bundu's trailer, AT's Habitat and some other neat finds too. Everything was a bit slower than years past but as usual some of the latest and greatest were on display either in town or out on the trails. We finished off the weekend with a quick pre-run through the Swell for our upcoming Cruise Moab overnighter :cool:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
My pics are here is anyone want to look through them...

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/Metcalfphoto/Moab EJS 2011/

I had a great time. It was good meeting Scott, Mario and others. I feel a little bit saturated at the moment with ideas, but I am also a bit underwhelmed at the same time with news from Jeep and the after-market. I think attendance was good, but the after-market stuff was lacking this year.

This was my favorite rig of the event....

IMAG0010.jpg

Old school FSJ grand with fake wood sides. It was running a 24V Cummins 6cyl, 47rh automatic, np205, Ford D60 front, and a 14-bolt rear. The lift was VERY minimal with 39" Krawlers on hutchinson wheels. The fenders still needed some work, but it was VERY cool!

This was my 2nd favorite....

P1010132.jpg

This just made me angry/depressed that we will don't get diesels in the USA.

Willman

Jeff from Nitro/JT send me this video of him almost letting Moab get the better of him....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev39IdiBoHo"]YouTube - NITRO GEAR and AXLE on CHEWY , MOAB[/ame]

:smiley_drive:

haven

Expedition Leader
That ruby-red project vehicle looks like a Grand Cherokee Overland

grandcherokeeoverland.jpg

Some details for the stock vehicle, according to the Jeep web site
(but who knows what will happen in the Expeditions West Monster Garage!)

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
about $46,000

monotone exterior paint
leather interior
30 GB hard drive for music, navi maps
GPS navigation
Sirius/XM radio
hands-free phone support

Overland package
18 inch alloy wheels
Michelin P265/60 R18 mud/snow rated tires
skid plates for front suspension, transfer case, underbody, fuel tank