Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
That is a good bike. I would have no issues with having that as my only bike. I've started to transition from full suspension rigs 10 years ago to hard tail. Then the last 3 years, it has been to rigid (and single speed) bikes. Now I'm slowly retrogressing back to skinnier tires and more of a road-ish geo. So a geo like that with clearance for ~700x40 tires would work good for me. I actually have a monster cross frame on order.

For my kids, I have a Surly Big Dummy. This bike could actually serve as my only bike as well. Surprisingly nimble for what it is and pretty fun to ride. I plan on doing some bike packing with the kids and wife next summer.

P-nut your riding style sounds like mine. I would love a Big Dummy one of these days.
Last summer I was given a Masi CXSS to play with and the 700x45 firecross tires are skookum for the dirt roads up here. Disc brakes would have been a nice touch on that bike as the Kore canti-leavers just did not have the stopping power on wet down hills. Keep us posted on the monster cross that you build.

Last edited:

Navman

Adventurer
Here is a taste of my next ride. I fractured my wrist in a crash last week so not in a rush to get it done.
IMG_1361[1].jpg

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
my newest ride set up for the winter, just a basic fitness bike but being 6'5" i'm loving the 700c wheels and XL frame

get-attachment.aspx

chequamegon

Observer
My name is Tim Krueger, and I am from Bloomington, MN.

I work for Salsa Cycles, as the Product Manager. With this job, I have owned and ridden every Salsa model in the last 5 years. Its a constantly revolving fleet.....

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
The Surly Cross Check is my go to bike! I've done everything on it and could never imagine getting rid of it. Nice build! Enjoy.

Butch

ywen

Explorer
ha i keep hearing that sentiment! we'll see how it works out. Still trying to adjust the bike to fit my riding style.. a bit too reachy and aggressive right now.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
ha i keep hearing that sentiment! we'll see how it works out. Still trying to adjust the bike to fit my riding style.. a bit too reachy and aggressive right now.

Are you running the Salsa woodchipper bars? and what is your stem lenght and rise? Next summer I may pick up a pair of drop bars to replace the bullhorns on the Masi.

My name is Kyle and I ride a Gunnar, a Focus or one of the other bikes I don't currently have pictures of.

View attachment 203838
I alway liked the ride of Gunnar rockhounds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan