Oh no......new parts.

Brett M

Adventurer
Look what showed up last night.......

204501423237_0_0.jpg

Rubicon Express 1462 (4.5") rear springs for the XJ!

And here are some extra's that I got this morning.......

204544920837_0_0.jpg

New U bolts, RE bolt on shim kit (4*) and center pin kit.

I think that I need to polish the chrome bumper and clean the carpet a bit more ;)

:shakin:

Last edited:

jeepninmt

Brett M said:
Look what showed up last night.......

204501423237_0_0.jpg

Rubicon Express 1462 (4.5") rear springs for the XJ!

And here are some extra's that I got this morning.......

204544920837_0_0.jpg

New U bolts, RE bolt on shim kit (4*) and center pin kit.

204544920837_0_0.jpg

I think that I need to polish the chrome bumper and clean the carpet a bit more ;)

:shakin:

Very nice! thats what I need, Im running add a leaf, 1in blocks, And 2in shakels... =( ... About how much did you have to put out for the full leafsprings? and what company did you use?

Brett M

Adventurer
jeepninmt said:
Very nice! thats what I need, Im running add a leaf, 1in blocks, And 2in shakels... =( ... About how much did you have to put out for the full leafsprings? and what company did you use?

I paid $290 shipped for the springs.......through a dealer on a local board I'm on. He gave me a screamin deal on them too

jeepninmt

Brett M said:
I paid $290 shipped for the springs.......through a dealer on a local board I'm on. He gave me a screamin deal on them too

WOW! Wish I could find some that cheap!=) Do you know a good website Or brand to go with?

Brett M

Adventurer
jeepninmt said:
WOW! Wish I could find some that cheap!=) Do you know a good website Or brand to go with?

Whoever you can find online that is priced well. As for brand.....Everything on my XJ is RE, but I've heard great reviews on Deaver springs, but they're also more $$$.

Brett M

Adventurer
jeepninmt said:
Very nice. What All mods and add ons Have You instaled to this date?

Rubicon Express 4.5" suspension, originally with the AAL. Replacing the springs with these new ones. Lockrite in the rear, Teraflex disco's. Changing out the 242 with a 231 with SYE and 2low kit this weekend or next. Teraflex long arm upgrade, converted to a radius arm setup in the next month or so too :)

jagular7

Adventurer
Make sure you spray penetrant into the cavity with the nut for the rear leaf mounts. If you have to, drill a spray hole. Those nuts due tend to rust-lock to the bolt. Same for the steel sleeve in the bushing. If you spin the nut you may have to drill an access hole to get a wrench on it. Most go through the floor, some through the backside of cavity.

When you put in your springs, lube with anti-sieze on the bushing sleeves and the bolt shank itself. And don't torque the he&& out of the bolts. It squeezes the shackle or mount into the side of the leafs and creates friction and tension for spring movement.

Brett M

Adventurer
jagular7 said:
Make sure you spray penetrant into the cavity with the nut for the rear leaf mounts. If you have to, drill a spray hole. Those nuts due tend to rust-lock to the bolt. Same for the steel sleeve in the bushing. If you spin the nut you may have to drill an access hole to get a wrench on it. Most go through the floor, some through the backside of cavity.

When you put in your springs, lube with anti-sieze on the bushing sleeves and the bolt shank itself. And don't torque the he&& out of the bolts. It squeezes the shackle or mount into the side of the leafs and creates friction and tension for spring movement.

Yep, I've had PB Blaster going for the past week, everyday on the bolts and sleeve's. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky that doesn't have the nuts break loose in the body.

We shall see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears