OK4WD Daily Driver / Overland Rubicon

patsfan

Observer
Hi Rin, I was wondering if you can share your thoughts on the JW speaker headlights. I am considering buying a pair, but I am concerned with their performance in the ice or snow here in Southern New England.

I'm also considering the heated truck-lite LEDs. Do you have any experience or knowledge with those?

Tia.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Hi Rin, I was wondering if you can share your thoughts on the JW speaker headlights. I am considering buying a pair, but I am concerned with their performance in the ice or snow here in Southern New England.

I'm also considering the heated truck-lite LEDs. Do you have any experience or knowledge with those?

Tia.

Tia, I'm happy with the JWS and the icing over myths are a bit over the top. If any snow accumulation does occur it is in the bottom bucket of the headlight bezel and has almost no effect on the light output. With that said, i have had the chance to see the '17 OE LED headlamps and they have no heater circuit. I would also like to compare the output of the OE vs JWS, the OE look great IMO.

jktowhere

Observer
I myself am going with the oe from a 17. I heard they do put off some heat. Playing in the Rockies during winter I guess we will see. But as far as I know they should be good and I have seen pull offs going for 350-400

Yuke

Adventurer
I myself am going with the oe from a 17. I heard they do put off some heat. Playing in the Rockies during winter I guess we will see. But as far as I know they should be good and I have seen pull offs going for 350-400

I have heard lots of flickering issues with the OE lights on pre 17 JKs

patsfan

Observer
Tia, I'm happy with the JWS and the icing over myths are a bit over the top. If any snow accumulation does occur it is in the bottom bucket of the headlight bezel and has almost no effect on the light output. With that said, i have had the chance to see the '17 OE LED headlamps and they have no heater circuit. I would also like to compare the output of the OE vs JWS, the OE look great IMO.

Thank you for your honest review. Opinions seem to be pretty mixed on this topic. Some people like you say it's really no big deal, While others strongly caution against the LED headlights in bad weather. I'm tempted to skip the JW speakers and buy the heated truck lights just to be safe.

Apart from the icing issue the JW speaker seems to be the superior product.

ivers

Observer
Thank you for your honest review. Opinions seem to be pretty mixed on this topic. Some people like you say it's really no big deal, While others strongly caution against the LED headlights in bad weather. I'm tempted to skip the JW speakers and buy the heated truck lights just to be safe.

Apart from the icing issue the JW speaker seems to be the superior product.

I live in the Quebec, Canada. Where there is snow more then half of the year. Didnt had any probleme with JWS, and they work perfectly!

rino

in a rare form, rack-less :)

7CFE950D-17CA-46BA-A5BD-87B31C228F6F_zpsyzi7wwux.jpg

91E4DD4A-A836-4327-BAC5-C234F5FD65E8_zpsfbblmoe6.jpg

daveh

Adventurer
Rin, I'm guessing the AEV feet are still installed? Are you putting a different platform on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rino

Rin, I'm guessing the AEV feet are still installed? Are you putting a different platform on?

Just re-working my platform for this coming season. New all black Rhino Rack 42113B pioneer tray and prototype Alu-Cab Shadow Awning mounts being cut right now. :)

daveh

Adventurer
Just re-working my platform for this coming season. New all black Rhino Rack 42113B pioneer tray and prototype Alu-Cab Shadow Awning mounts being cut right now. :)

Nice! Is that the same tray that was used on Bills JK?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12