Okay Here it is...

40tude

Adventurer
I am thinking of taking my FZJ80 on a round the world trip and am looking for some answers/opinions. I have no worries about reliability, the truck is built, the truck is solid. The two things I am concerned about are fuel availability and water crossings (the trip will involve proper adventuring). Are there places in the world where petrol is hard to come by? I have spent alot of time waterproofing my truck but am still concerned with its ability to do deep fording compared to a diesel, any advice here?

valhalla viking

Have you watched Long Way Round? They ride BMW R1200 GS's across Khazikstan, Mongolia and far eastern Russia with no fuel problems. At least none that they aired in the program. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Have you watched Long Way Round? They ride BMW R1200 GS's across Khazikstan, Mongolia and far eastern Russia with no fuel problems. At least none that they aired in the program. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

i'm guessing those motos get better than 13mpg

Skids HJ61

Observer
if you are including Australia, the only problem you may have is in the centre where fuel stops can be very far apart. in some parts of the desert you can have fuel drums dropped off for you so you have it where there is no servo and you will have to pump it out of the barrel into your truck, lotsa fun!!! I hope you have a long range tank fitted, as a petrol cruier can use up to 30l per 100klm (or more) in the desert soft sand. If you are just keeping to the east cost and major highways, then you will not have a problem. As far as the rest of Oz (west and middle) is concerned, let us know where you will be travelling and we can give you a better idea on availability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78