Okay so RTT's who's got one?

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
Here is mine!

4268803111_af07200dbb_s.jpg

4269546026_d0b6b99029_s.jpg

All round good tent, but boy I need that Roll cage, most rovers should have a cage, but with the lack of roads in Kenya the roof line cracked.

Easy to flip, changed the zip bag to velcro, and extended to house bottom room when stowed.

Roll Cage needed

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I use a Maggiolina Airland on top of the DII.

Pros are that it is incredibly easy to deploy and the hardshell is durable, aerodynamic and looks good with the white DII.

Cons, we are using a size small and it's a bit tight with two adults and two toddlers! Also there is no rain fly over the doorway.

Brian

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
Just got a Cascadia Vehicle Tent. I like it so far. I put it on top of my Garvin Wilderness Sport Rack. Not liking that so much.. the rack moves more than the Rover.. :Wow1:

Looking into options including a trailer mount.. kinda have to decide soon as big annual trip is in two weeks.. lol

Attachments

• ontopofD2.jpg
    ontopofD2.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 36

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Are you saying that the rack is not tight and the tent makes it move?

........the rack moves more than the Rover.. :Wow1:

Looking into options including a trailer mount.. kinda have to decide soon as big annual trip is in two weeks.. lol

burn_e

Adventurer
can you fix it without the basket? Should give a tighter fit and you lower the rooftent about 10cm. Win/Win

:victory:

LandyAndy

Adventurer
I have an Autohome Overzone sitting in it's box waiting for the rack to arrive for my D2. Here is a pic of the rack in mid construction by Rover Racks.

dawsrackmodsml.jpg

It's based on their 'Voyager' version with the back rails deleted and the front made into a basket. Have also added an extra foot mount at the back (3 each side where the tent sits) and some extra bracing for the front light cage.

More pic's to follow once I get it this weekend :)

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
Going to LR tomorrow (great shop most of the Service guys have mod'd their LRs so good source of info.) to show the RTT and to see what options we can all come up with :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998