Old Ford Pick up bed buildup

jeeper92

Adventurer
I started today. Im not going to be using this offroading. it will be more of a pack mule for when we go camping
I plan on adding the following
-rtt
-electric
-storage
-Wooden lid
-Diamond plated boxes on the tounge and the side of hte lid
-New rims and tires
I used a herculiner type product to paint it and saved money.:victory:
Any suggestions ?

069.jpg

065.jpg

063.jpg

CJT

I have a similar project only its an old datsun bed. I call it a S.W.A.G.trailer
support,water and gear. I am considering swapping the rear diff axle for a trailer axle. I have not seen many in this forum but it seems to be the most economical, Put a topper on it and you could live in it.

alfio

Adventurer
what kind of jeep are you using to tow this? i'm guessing if it's a jeep it's going to be narrower than the bed, are you concerned with that (wider aerodynamic footprint, wider axle, etc)?

jeeper92

Adventurer
I have no welding or any fabricating abilities for that matter. It tows fine the way it is now, I towed it fully loaded with a top on it last summer nad it was fine for my purposes. I am not taking it offroading soooooooooo no big deal

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
MY friend & I built what I call the "Cheep Utility Trailer." We used the ends of an old coarse spline Dana 60 for it's spindles and wheel hubs. Set those into a piece of scrap tube that he had that they *just* fit into (with a little 5 lber convincing).
A friend borrowed it for a trip to San Felipe and when he brought it back I was told that it was certified stable to 85 mph!
Here it is loaded to gills:
IMG_0285-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78