Older Coleman trailer offering

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Had never seen one of these before, a neat simplistic option. Obviously its not huge, but it could easily hold a pile of sleeping bags, a tent, etc. 400lb capacity, light duty by most regards. Likely not very practical for most.

In case anyone is interested, $300: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6673768&lpid=&cat=188

Attachments

• 11745141.JPG
    11745141.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 11745146.JPG
    11745146.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 123

SGNellett

Adventurer
I used to have one very similar to this for luggage and such on vacation, very useful! Made the ZJ liveable for 5 people, no fatalities or even serious injuries the whole way to DC!!!

jagular7

Adventurer
If you search your local CL for motorcycle trailer, especially around bike week, you'll find very similar trailers. Luggage trailers is another name for them.

Harbor Freight sells a cheap 8" wheel 40x48" trailer frame. They also sell a 12" wheel version for little more. Or take a small pwc trailer. Add a roof top cargo carrier and you have it. Cargo carriers are readily available in a variety of shape and style. Sears still sells their boxy carrier. These will sell along those $300-450 price range.

Some people become very creative as well. On Kansas City's CL, few months back, a mc trailer was listed. Made from an old single door refrigerator.
refrig1c.jpg

That was sold rather quickly, so another one popped up as well.
refrig2c.jpg

Both were asking for $650.

Here was my idea of a Jeep luggage trailer.
100_0580.jpg

But the top needed new hinges, cracks repaired, and more work than I wanted to put into it. So I sold the carrier and bought a large yard dump trailer for the luggage trailer. Its going to be similar to a military M416 1/4ton trailer in layout and color.
100_0676.jpg

Frame will be camo green and tub will be camo beige.

Got the idea for the Jeep luggage trailer from this
trailerbox1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior