older power wagons

jmartinez748

anyone have any older power wagons? i saw a 1979 power wagon on craigslist for cheap and was thinking about getting it and was wondering what you guys think about them or if you have one please post pics

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Love my '53!!

PowerWagon003.jpg

Be a while before it makes any long trips though......

:snorkel:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
:drool::drool: beautiful

It's nice! My dad bought it back in '67 or '68, and it's been kept inside since '72. Retired it from plow duty around '85.

Still fire it up every 6 months or so, and drive it around the cabin. Hoping to get to restoring it soon.

But as far as 'Beautiful' goes, I'd put this one in that category!

To me, this is the ultimate retro expedition rig! (we can call it rExPo!

PWwoodyblue.jpg

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
This one?

5G55O65Fd3K73Lb3Nec8uc310471715af1469.jpg

Some interesting things are the quad lights (79 & 80) only, the apparent Mile Marker part time conversion hubs...

Would need more data.

jmartinez748

yep thats it. yeah there isnt alot of info for it. was going to email the guy today. are there any specific things you think i should ask him?

rube bonet

Adventurer
Not really a power wagon, but then again, I don't think anything made after 68 is!

My M-37, I put about 100,000 miles on it wheeling around the SW...
P6220101.jpg

And the last "Ramcharger" I worked on...

IMG_2012_06_18_6520.jpg

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Is that Soni's rig? I was just perusing a 1989 Four Wheeler with an article about it.

For the '79, I would inquire about the engine, trans, etc., past records, test drive.

For the old M-series, my present favorite is the rig Max Bilt has resto-modded:
http://maxbilt.com/project-mtrv

Service trucks of any flavor are as good to me as a bikini girl, but this one is the smoking hot brunette!
m37_41.jpg

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Good read in your thread.

I think the MaxBilt guys actually have an M56, that is my opinion, but would also account for a longer wheelbase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan