Old's Cool

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
indeed! Although, i'll flatbed it. Who knows the condition of the brakes at this point. it hasn't been running for a while. He ripped off the carb thinking that was the issue and replaced it with a lesser aftermarket option. Still can't get it to run. Has all these butchering ideas and its been sitting in that spot for about 5 years. So I said HEY! Why don't you let me help you out, and I'll roll her over to my house (kind of tongue in cheek)
He says, well if you've got something that interests me i'll give you the dang truck.

So now i'm scurrying, looking for a suitable item to trade him haha. But he's gonna hang onto it until I am ready to bring it home! The body and the interior on the rig are in amazing shape!

Last edited:

pyrate

Rollin' along
indeed! Although, i'll flatbed it. Who knows the condition of the brakes at this point. it hasn't been running for a while. He ripped off the carb thinking that was the issue and replaced it with a lesser aftermarket option. Still can't get it to run. Has all these butchering ideas and its been sitting in that spot for about 5 years. So I said HEY! Why don't you let me help you out, and I'll roll her over to my house (kind of tongue in cheek)
He says, well if you've got something that goes bang that interests me i'll give you the dang truck.

So now i'm scurrying, looking for a suitable item to trade him haha. But he's gonna hang onto it until I am ready to bring it home! The body and the interior on the rig are in amazing shape!

I had a '83 and had what I thought were carb issues but it ended up being a airbox control value that circulated warm air back into the carb until it reached operating temps. It was expensive to replace ($500 +/-) but solved the issue. It was incredibly hard to test it the old unit as well. But adding the new unit fixed my issues, it no longer ran rich and the mpg went back into the mid 20's. I'm not sure if the 85 has the same set up but might be something to check out should it become yours.

TrucMan

Adventurer
I also thought that steering wheel only came on 2wds? I'm probably mistaken though, easy to swap on at any rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04dblcab

Observer
I'm not too familiar with 1st gen 4wd interior. Could be though. Clean truck for sure. I almost bought an 81 when I was in high school, but I lived at high elevation and didn't want a carb.

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
Good catch y'all. Was just going off his statements. Should have realized it is older than that. I'll get the actual date soon

TrucMan

Adventurer
60cee2981388bcc68696953dfd26194c.jpg

I'll leave this here.

TrucMan

Adventurer
As to the steering wheel question earlier it appears that the 1979-80 4x4 trucks came with that steering wheel.

TrucMan

Adventurer
Truman, dem lights in you last snow pic. What are they? Led, but not a normal reflector setup. I kinda like em.

They are made by a company called Oplip or something. It's an Amazon gig, they are decent, good for the money but little more than floods... they do look cool though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998