Oledone LED Ovals 60W my review

overl4nder

Observer
So the rally team comes to me.
We want long range LED lights.

Hmm long range.
For those looking for show, or slow speed driving, I guess LED light bar is the holy grail. Showy light bar, casting a deep bright white light right in front of the vehicle.

However, a rally is functional.
Requirement is range, and light weight.

So after testing and testing, I found a manufacturer who actually made stuff in 60W, which could penetrate.
60W light bar, and the 700gm or so 60W oval.
The light bar had slightly better range due to narrower beam, but the ovals are no slouch either!

Here is a beamshot comapro side by side
all-X2.jpg

My take on these
1. These are long range. Beam is focussed, and does not "spill" like cheap light bars
2. 2 are good, but if you have 4 on a high speed vehicle, mounted on the roof, this is enough. Unlike HIDs, the beam is not too narrow too. Helps in Desert storm type of rallies which are not straight line.
3. Pricing is much better than bars(about 60% cost of a light bar) and they give about 80% of the range!

Hopefully, I will be able to crack the rally scene in India, and get more group buy orders like this rally team.

overl4nder

Observer
Hi Mike
First of all, lemme tell you, I am involved in this business. I facilitate small orders for these items (For example minimum 4 pieces).
You order, and I make sure OLEDONE china directly sells it to you.
More pieces = lower cost(save on shipping)

As for actual pic, please see these mounted on my vehicle. Weight ~ 600gms/light.

IMG_20140210_104053.jpg

I am not sure if FORUM rules allow me to put pricing here openly.
Moderators, please tell me if its allowed!

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I am not sure if FORUM rules allow me to put pricing here openly.
Moderators, please tell me if its allowed!

The basics of it are that members are not allowed to advertise their for-profit business without contacting Brian McVickers (user name "Brian McVickers") to get set up as a vendor.

Without being a vendor, you are allowed to answer direct questions regarding the technical details about your products. That means no pricing, no active advertising, no directing people away from your competitors, no sales pitches, etc.

You are also allowed to put a non-obtrusive (plain text) link to your website in your signature file, provided the displayed text is your business name.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I love how LED vendors photoshop the stock/halogen and even hid light to come out like its being put through muddy water while the LED is proper color. cracks me up. If you didn't fudge the color on the original photos (check the color of the sky in each). your light bar would be only marginally better than the low beams. Look at the beam pattern and how much is actually lit in both photos not the color of the light.

overl4nder

Observer
I love how LED vendors photoshop the stock/halogen and even hid light to come out like its being put through muddy water while the LED is proper color. cracks me up. If you didn't fudge the color on the original photos (check the color of the sky in each). your light bar would be only marginally better than the low beams. Look at the beam pattern and how much is actually lit in both photos not the color of the light.

Fudge? What did I fudge?
Care to explain.
I set the WB to 5500 for all the pics(halogen) to precisely show the color difference.
As far as the light bar goes, I put up this review to show this only, that a light bar with not very focused beam is not going to show you much!

If you want documentary evidence, please be aware that I am not fudging everything. Here is light meter readings at 2m and 15m for Oledone as well as stock headlights hot spot. It is true that LED lights with just lens and no deep reflector will have more beam divergence, but at around 50 feet too, it beats lux readings

comparo-X2.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
How do I know what you used to get those readings. Look at the sky in your photos the headlight photos its brown. Fix those photos for a fair comparison of light output.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

overl4nder

Observer
How do I know what you used to get those readings. Look at the sky in your photos the headlight photos its brown. Fix those photos for a fair comparison of light output.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

I am not able to understand your question about the sky. Its late at night.
As for fix your photos, I have the RAW format files.
What color temperature do you want me to set these at?
The above shots were at 5500. I can set to 4500 and then again repost if you want. EXIF will be embedded in each image.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears