OME HD springs with factory bumper

TFin04

Adventurer
I have a second gen Xterra I am planning on a full OME kit (HD front springs, rear Dakars) with ARB front bumper, winch, etc. The original plan was to do it all at once.

I'm not quite ready to buy everything yet, and I just noticed one of my passenger rear leaf springs is completely broken in half. I have it secured in place with a few large hose clamps, but I don't know how long that is going to last.

So, my question is, how rough of a ride is the OME HD kit if I have to drive it for a month or two before I can tame the front end with some heavier stuff? I am considering just ordering the suspension components now and buying the bumper when I am able to. This is a daily driver for me.

Thoughts?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I had OME HD on the front of mine with the stock bumper for about 6 months before i put the winch bumper on. It is fine. Definitey a stiff ride but the stock ride is so undersprung and poorly damped that any new springs are going to feel stiff. I loved the new ride - it felt like a truck instead of a mini van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998