OME lift

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I was on the Sierra expedition website and I saw a Old Man emu lift for the Jeep Liberty. Will this lift with the heavy duty springs raise it only 1.5"? Will I be a able to fit a 31" tire? I know a 32 would be to big.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
My opinion is that you should get the OME kit because what ever lift it gives you will be a good ammount for that truck and then...honestly. Get out the sawzall. If you can't fit 33's with an OME lift and maybe some spacers to augment it then I say cut where it rubs and get some fender flares to fit the new openings. I think those trucks would be completely changed looks wise with a larger wheel opening and some 33-35" tires. Sorry I can't tell you about your OP question, but I'm interested in seeing these rigs built more. Yours isn't by chance a Diesel is it :???:

Cheers

Dave

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Thank you, I wish it was a diesel. That wasn't an option in Mass. Trying to build it into a rescue vehicle. Have a few ideas.

hrjaw

Explorer
I had the OME lift on my wrangler (lifted it about 2.5) and also on my Grand cherokee, which in real world results only lifted it 1.5 inches. both are/were the Heavy Duty springs. I chose OME for a variety of reasons, one of which is the reputation it has as a suspension system, not really a lift kit. there are so many choices out there, but I wanted to keep the ride as nice as I could, yet still get the results I wanted. I know of some who used the OME on their Libby's, but I cannot honestly remember what size tire they upgraded to.
sorry I rambled on.:coffee:
Roger

tommudd

Explorer
Yes OME is a great lift, over 75000 on mine and not one problem with it, great ride, lifted the way I like it and plenty of room for up to 265-75-16s if I want. Running 265-70-16s now until the regear

Renegade

Observer
My opinion is that you should get the OME kit because what ever lift it gives you will be a good ammount for that truck and then...honestly. Get out the sawzall. If you can't fit 33's with an OME lift and maybe some spacers to augment it then I say cut where it rubs and get some fender flares to fit the new openings. I think those trucks would be completely changed looks wise with a larger wheel opening and some 33-35" tires. Sorry I can't tell you about your OP question, but I'm interested in seeing these rigs built more. Yours isn't by chance a Diesel is it :???:

Cheers

Dave

Kinda like this thing...its sweet:

0711_4wd_16_z+jeep_liberty+side.jpg

0711_4wd_15_z+jeep_liberty+front_view.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger