On Board Hot Water Shower System

TheJosh

Explorer
Thanks everyone, I will try to do a parts lists and get more pics of the routing when I Gerry my truck back. It's been in the body shop for 9 weeks now since I got T boned

Sent from my Nexus 4

Abitibi

Explorer
Just finished reading your post, well done!

As for freezing, it's not the tank that is so much the concern but the water left in your lines. since you have on-board air just use it to blow the water out... Your idea of re-circulation could work if you live in a warmer area or have AC access but electric heater and pump alone would drain a house battery pretty quick, especially the heater.

This is what I use for my shower head and it works great. There's a pressure control knob on the head itself and the head comes apart for easy cleaning (very rare option...). You won't need the 12v pump but at that price you can't go wrong...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-CAMP...451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d091c1263

Cheers
Mr. D

Ps. What filter did you use on your line, nice and small!

dnorrell

Adventurer
When you gather a parts list, please don't leave out the thermometer! I am planning a similar build for my Tacoma and I would love to know where you found that little gem. Cheers!

TheJosh

Explorer
Hey guys sorry I havent checked the thread in a bit because my truck has been disabled for the past 6 months because of the accident.

If there is still interest I can compile a list of parts.

That uv seems promising. Anyone actually have it in there system?

JLink

This is a great thread! I'm really sorry to hear about the accident :eek:
I hope you get it up and running again soon and I hope you weren't hurt.

I bit of a suggestion I have for reducing flow in shower heads..
I've heard of taking milk jugs or soda bottles and cut a circle that fits in where the hose threads onto the shower head. (There's probably a rubber o ring in there). And cut a slit in the plastic and test to find a flow you like. Smaller hole, less flow. Bigger hole, more flow. You can also double up if you need too.

I'd be interested in a parts list with estimated prices.. This seems like an awesome upgrade to go with my new roof top tent!

damienperu

Observer
Hey guys sorry I havent checked the thread in a bit because my truck has been disabled for the past 6 months because of the accident.

If there is still interest I can compile a list of parts.

That uv seems promising. Anyone actually have it in there system?

I was thinking of a UV filter but haven't decided which, but yes i'd love your parts list as i'm redoing my helton system

Waagman

On Board Helton Hot Water System

Josh - Any updates on your setup? Thanks too for the YouTube video, awesome! I live down in L.A. and am up in San Ramon/Richmond often for work and have some friends that live in Walnut Creek. I'd like to come by some time and check out your install if you're willing! Let me know, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman