One of my best hike in days ever!

Bergger

Explorer
Hiked up to an "Unknown" lake at 12,000 feet here in Colorado. Got a late start and probably did not start fishing until almost noon. Was worried about the late start, typical afternoon storms and bite but it turned out to be one of the best high mountain lake days I've ever had. Dozens of fish landed and lost in about 3 hours of fishing. All thick fat cutthroats. The hike was great as well.
025 - Copy.JPG

028 - Copy.JPG

031 - Copy.JPG

034 - Copy.JPG

037 - Copy.JPG

Bergger

Explorer
Well the lake is already named. I just seemed to forget what it is!! ;) But anyone in the Denver area who wants a good hike and good fishing just PM me and I'll tell ya the name and how to get to it. Though you may have to wait until next year as it's getting cold up there now.

I have a 4wt 6 piece rod I hike with. A 4 weight is my favorite for these lakes. It helps with the wind that often comes up and handles the 8 to 18" fish that the lakes hold.

Getting time to go back and hit the rivers as the browns will be spawning soon as will the kokanee!

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
Soooooooooo awesome!! I always look for spots like this every year when we head up to Colorado.

Thanks for sharing.

Bergger

Explorer
Actually it's Shelf Lake. Geneva Creek area off of Guanell Pass Rd. May go up again this saturday but not sure yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998