"One Piece At A Time" Build

CLM

I’m going to borrow your cutting board idea. I used those to make rod holders, access doors and wiring layout on my boat. Hadn’t thought about making my door table out of one.
Wish I could of seen your van up close on the way thru St Louis.

Corneilius

Adventurer
You can get larger, commercial ones at kitchen supply stores. They come in different colors too, which in a kitchen denote different prep surfaces but can color match interior too

WVI

Adventurer
Corneilius, How do you like the side doors having windows? I have a chance to get a set like yours to replace my cargo doors. In fact, the van has a top like yours as well I was considering getting to put on min just don't know if the little added height is worth the work compared to getting a real tall top.

Corneilius

Adventurer
I love all my windows. If I was adding a high top it would have to be at least 20" to be worth it (preferably more). I think mines 16/18" but once you put a headliner in you lose some.

Reactions: WVI

Justgosurfin

Just read through most of this thread when I recognized your van in the swing out cargo box thread. Awesome well thought out ideas and designs! Could you show a few close up pics of how your ladder attaches?

Corneilius

Adventurer
Ill try and snag some detailed ladder pics. Ive been SUPER happy with how it turned out. Makes a great shelf when were parked, convenient bungee cord storage, and roof access.

Cargo box has also worked out well. Super happy with "one handed" access to the backdoors and the ability to open from the inside. One problem I haven't solved is that the box sweats. Tried several different things, stuff still gets musty...

Rear axle has a factory posi, it works well and locks when it should (like last weekend pulling a trailer up a wet grassy hill) Works well in the snow too. Between snow, sand and dirt I haven't felt the need for a full locker or front post. Maybe if I spent more time in mud or really bad conditions. As well as it performs I can't cost justify a locker or front posi....I do still carry my TRED ladders.

No one belly flopped luckily. My niece was making me really nervous though!

Village Idiot
Rear axle has a factory posi, it works well and locks when it should (like last weekend pulling a trailer up a wet grassy hill) Works well in the snow too. Between snow, sand and dirt I haven't felt the need for a full locker or front post. Maybe if I spent more time in mud or really bad conditions. As well as it performs I can't cost justify a locker or front posi....I do still carry my TRED ladders.

Thanks. I was wondering what you needed around here. It's sketchy, to say the least going up to Beech in the winter. I'm hoping to have the conversion done by then.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Corneilius , love the build , love the van, love your style. Nice meeting you last week. I'm the guy that rolled around the shop asking you a million questions. Thanks again for your time ! I really enjoyed the visit. I hope to see you guys again ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan