One Starlink “modem” 2 dishes (one mounted one tripod)

driveby

I’m sure this has been asked but darn if my Google skills can find it. Idea is 1 starlink account, 1 modem mounted inside, 1 main roof mounted dish and then a spare tripod dish for when trees/obstacles prevent the ideal parking spot (IE shady) from good solid roof dish connection. Idea is some sort of connector through the habitat for the odd time the roof connection won’t work. Question is, I can’t see to find if this is allowed/permited by SpaceX. anyone done such a thing? Are the dish and modems account linked or paired in some way or is all the account info held in the modem/base unit?

driveby

Crap, not 5 minutes after posting this I find a reddit that says all the account locks are in the dish vs base unit. So now, what have you folks done to solve the “I want to park in shade and stay cool, but still have Starlink”?

crazysccrmd

Observer
I don’t know the exact answer.

I do know that when I let a friend borrow my second dish and he had it plugged into his own router/power supply it still showed up in my account as active but listed using his router name.

RevereOverland

I mounted my roof dish using tripod quick release plates and got a spare cable. The Starling dish uses 1/4-20 thread, so works with any tripod equipment. That means I can pop it off, set it on the ground, and run the spare cable out to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior