OOPS SORRY

ipgregory

Adventurer
I find this thread amazing ! Land of the free? In UK or Australia no such problems ( ps I am not intending in anyway to be insulting ,or denigrate the USA ) just surprised .

Not sure about Australia but the UK does (or did) have some funny road kill laws. I think they only apply to game birds and stuff though (not sure what else you could kill that you would want to eat anyway). If you hit a Pheasant with a car for example you can't pick it up but the guy behind you can. However if you REVERSE over a pheasant then you can pick it up... Not sure what the rules are with deer. It all comes under old poaching laws I think.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
I find this thread amazing ! Land of the free? In UK or Australia no such problems ( ps I am not intending in anyway to be insulting ,or denigrate the USA ) just surprised .

Here in the Republik of California, you would be amazed at the idiocy of things.

As an example, for the sake of the environment, you cant legally buy windshield washer cleaner with alcohol in it. So the only washer fluid available will freeze at 32 deg. Ever try to drive in the mounains with your window covered with grime and your washer fluid freezing up?

Yes we are that stupid (and broke)

-Jeff

tacr2man

Adventurer
We have quite a lot of deer surprisingly , but they do a lot of damage to a normal car ( as my brothers ford could testify) , never had one with the defender , but had quite a few "roos" with it in OZ (ARB bull bar on front) , not much good after tho as it tends to be body impacts rather than catching heads , as they travel more or less vertical (hopping) . I even had one jump onto a transporter trailer i was towing with a Falcon station wagon , luckily just missed the car , I think it gave him a bit of a surprise that the "ground" was travelling sideways (for him) at about 60 mph , it spun him over but he just jumped up and carried on !!! :Wow1:

Yeah the banks didnt do us a lot of good either :mad:

REDROVER

Explorer
she just jumped out and hit passenger uper side of the gaurd head on, if the impact was right in the middle, i would of drive over it,

i am sorry to say i dont see whats wrong about using the meat and not letting it go to waist.
at the tv program called >>alaska state troopers<< they always donate the moose meat to local less fortunate familyes .

overlander

Expedition Leader
Without taking a position either way, I can understand the rationale behind the law. People are fantastic at uncovering loopholes in legislation. It would not take a great stretch of imagination to visualize people that did not want to pay for a hunting license that might bait roadways for animals to hit, or stalk known hi frequency crossing areas hoping for an easy hit to take the kill away. While 99.9% of the population wouldn't even consider this, there's always a few out there that get a kick out of exploiting loopholes.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
AZ LAW
The person who is driving the vehicle that hits the big game animal is the only one who can obtain a salvage permit for road kill. This person can then make a gift of the animal if he or she so chooses.
http://www.azgfd.gov/faq/LawsRegulations.shtml

As was stated above california does not allow for the retrieval of roadkill. Many states do allow it with a written approval or Tag. only a few allow the removal with out approval

Another thing that you may think about is that while many people are honest, there are also a fair number of people who would use there vehicle as a weapon if given the opportunity. Hell I know an idiot here in florida that runs deer down in an airboat so that he does not have to waste a bullet.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
AZ LAW
The person who is driving the vehicle that hits the big game animal is the only one who can obtain a salvage permit for road kill. This person can then make a gift of the animal if he or she so chooses.
http://www.azgfd.gov/faq/LawsRegulations.shtml

As was stated above california does not allow for the retrieval of roadkill. Many states do allow it with a written approval or Tag. only a few allow the removal with out approval

Another thing that you may think about is that while many people are honest, there are also a fair number of people who would use there vehicle as a weapon if given the opportunity. Hell I know an idiot here in florida that runs deer down in an airboat so that he does not have to waste a bullet.

That is exactly what happened in my case. The driver didn't want it, and gave it to me. Winning!

I can't wait to be back Down South myself. You know where people actually stop to help out if your broke down. The words Sir and Ma'am are common place. Where we measure distance in minutes or hours. Yep I can't wait till I'm back there again. Colorado is a beautiful state with great weather but the people are severely lacking in manners, kindness, common sense, and God. JMHO as a man still Clinging to his Bible and Guns.

REDROVER

Explorer
I can't wait to be back Down South myself. You know where people actually stop to help out if your broke down. The words Sir and Ma'am are common place. Where we measure distance in minutes or hours. Yep I can't wait till I'm back there again. Colorado is a beautiful state with great weather but the people are severely lacking in manners, kindness, common sense, and God. JMHO as a man still Clinging to his Bible and Guns.

i have to be honest . i have a wonderful life in LA but for the passed 35 days i am in northern calif exploring the hills and rivers going true this little towns, amazing ppl they are honest and friendly . i dont ever wanna go back to LA

AND I DONT THINK I WILL STAY IN LA MUCH LONGER.

ERIC

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
OOPS I REALLY DIDNT WANT THIS TO HAPEN BUT I GUESS ITS PART OF THE ADVENTURE . TNX TO MY FRONT BAR NO OTHER PARTS GOT DAMAGED, only the front bar was bent.

awesome meat tho :) she died instantly

Eric
Glad you salvaged the meat and It did not go to waste except for the ravens and coyotes. To heck with all the fed/state laws that prohibit such usage of prime meat from a fresh roadkill. Enjoy your tasty deer steaks.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
i have to be honest . i have a wonderful life in LA but for the passed 35 days i am in northern calif exploring the hills and rivers going true this little towns, amazing ppl they are honest and friendly . i dont ever wanna go back to LA

ERIC

If you are in my neck of the woods, feel free to stop by. Email me or PM me.

-Jeff

iMTB

Adventurer

ERIC

My girlfriend wants to move to LA...arghhhhh I just can't do it. I told her I'll live in California, but only away from the city life. The deal is if I live in Cali, she'll move up to Alaska with me so I can do some research up there. If I end up in massachusetts for grad school the deals off though. Neither of us want to live there haha

REDROVER

Explorer
My girlfriend wants to move to LA...arghhhhh I just can't do it. I told her I'll live in California, but only away from the city life. The deal is if I live in Cali, she'll move up to Alaska with me so I can do some research up there. If I end up in massachusetts for grad school the deals off though. Neither of us want to live there haha

I will tell u this. One end of the Calif is 99% deferent than the other end. LA is like no other city in the world .with good and bad. Depending were in calif you guys wanna move.

But in general plzzzzzz stay away from LA that's why I take my rover or the hummer and go away every weekend. The only good really good part about LA is.if u have a good business idea u can make money like no where else. This town has money to spend. Its ur chance to collect it. Lots of awesome ppl and lots of idiots.lots of show off. Lots of pretending.lots of I AM ACTOR OR ACTRESS ( 90% FLAT ***** BROKE WANNA BE) 45 min from 90 degree zuma beach to 32 degree snow .u have it all. All of that clubs and Hollywood bs gets old very fast.i live 3 miles away from non sleeping sunset blvd. Its all BS .

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle