Open for debate: RV or Rig and trailer?

Ashton

I think a smaller trailer and rig will fit your needs nicely. Honestly if I was living and working from one location there is a level of comfort I would want, so I understand what your saying there. I don't think you realize what you can have for such a "reasonable" price when you are considering a rig the size and cost of a DynaMax. I mean you can have a nice interior setup with plenty of room and still be completely mobile for 1/10th (OR LESS) the cost and you already have the truck you like for adventures and to pull it. One other thing to consider is it's not terribly difficult to get any normal sized trailer lifted up a bit. Either a spring over or small lift block + larger diameter tires could get you all you need.

While we fell in love with the dream of a Dynamax, it really doesn't fit any of our needs or realities (but boy is it dreamy). We are going to focus, for now, on trailers with the comforts we need... and likely a 'toyhauler' so we can keep some bikes/scooters and have a 'porch' area (for personal space needs).

Final question... Why would you have to get rid of your truck? Or is that only if you end up in a motorhome?

The current 2500 LD that I own is underpowered for towing and needs enough small repairs that it would be a small money pit. To take care of a few issue we have with it (the very few) and get something more suited to tow our 'home', we would look to upgrade. I would sell my current rig to get the down payment for a loan on a newer rig. I love my truck, with all it's little problems.

Also... Consider how much sooner you could get on the move if you spent 15K instead of 150K on your mobile home of choice.

Good point. With my 100k in student loans still being worked away (VERY slowly), we weren't anxious to take on that much debt. We are aiming for a price point (for rig and trailer) much closer to 60-80k, or less. We think we can hit all our needs in both a 'home' and a rig for that price point.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
If "I" owed the government or anyone for that matter $100K in student loans as you stated those loans would be PAID OFF and the government OUT OF MY LIFE long before "I" hit the road!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
While we fell in love with the dream of a Dynamax, it really doesn't fit any of our needs or realities (but boy is it dreamy). We are going to focus, for now, on trailers with the comforts we need... and likely a 'toyhauler' so we can keep some bikes/scooters and have a 'porch' area (for personal space needs).

The current 2500 LD that I own is underpowered for towing and needs enough small repairs that it would be a small money pit. To take care of a few issue we have with it (the very few) and get something more suited to tow our 'home', we would look to upgrade. I would sell my current rig to get the down payment for a loan on a newer rig. I love my truck, with all it's little problems.

Good point. With my 100k in student loans still being worked away (VERY slowly), we weren't anxious to take on that much debt. We are aiming for a price point (for rig and trailer) much closer to 60-80k, or less. We think we can hit all our needs in both a 'home' and a rig for that price point.

I think you can come up with a great setup in that price range.

With a quality shell on the truck, you could easily go a week in the wild. Even longer if you want.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
If "I" owed the government or anyone for that matter $100K in student loans as you stated those loans would be PAID OFF and the government OUT OF MY LIFE long before "I" hit the road!

Same here, but then again, who knows what could happen tomorrow, next week, next year, etc.....may never get on the road. Maybe being on the road is cheaper, and allows you to pay off the debt earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior