Opening day on ducks is TOMORROW!

Dave

Explorer
:wings:

Going to try to draw in to a public place north of St. Louis. It will probably be a mad house but we are going to try to give it a go. :REOutShootinghunter

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Good luck, here's hopin' you bust quite a few.

I missed our first day, because I was taking Allison on her first squirrel hunt. She says she wants more practice wing shooting before she tries her hand at waterfowl.

Doin_It

Adventurer
Yea your lucky, I cut back this year on hunting to let a few of the ducks and geese get down south. With my uncles haveing over 12,000 acres its not to hard setting up a blind and letting lose. In fact each night as the geese are settling down, they take up one of thier planes to see where we should set up the next AM. Have FUN

Dave

Explorer
40+ hunting parties drawing numbers for 14 available spots (5 of which were already taken on reservations) and we pulled number 38. :Wow1: Oh well, I'll have a seat in our blind on our private party next weekend when the middle zone opens up. :)

Dave

Explorer
The middle zone opened this weekend and we did a little better this time around: 30 ducks between six guns on Saturday. A mixed bag, but mostly mallards and gadwalls. Today was very slow, seven ducks between three guns. Another mixed bag with only one mallards. Lots of ducks flying yesterday, very few in the air today.

I'm going to have to get a Pelican case for my camera so I can take it out to the blind with me.

pell53

Yes! Pics please!

We had a short season here in October w/very little birds flying.

Our actual season hasn't come in yet though. We still have a full week until opening day here in Indiana!!

Dave

Explorer
No pictures of birds yet since they did not cooperate last weekend, but the colors in the swamp were the best that I have ever seen them...

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

Got a cold front pushing through today, 'bout damn time.

Last edited:

Dave

Explorer
Just got back from a 10 day duck hunting binge. Aside from a state ground hunt on Monday, we've had easy limits every day since Thanksgiving. Anyway, here's a couple pictures of things you like to see from the blind...

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger