Options for Auxiliary Water and Gas at the JKU underbelly

wildo

Hi guys, the more I kit my JKUR out, the more I want. :)

Are there any options for water at the underbelly of the Jeep Wrangler 4 door? I'd like to keep the COG low and out of sight; reserving the trunk space for 'stuff.'

What happened to the companies making water tanks for the Jeep under belly? There even used to be a propane tank option for where the stock muffler is too but seems like they've got too.

GenRight used to make a water tank but had discontinued it and advised that I can use their fuel tanks as a water reserve as it's all sealed aluminum. That's a pricey water tank at $2500. But I like the rear setup a little more as its close to my kitchen and my quick pitch ensuite shower is at the rear passenger corner.

LongRanger and Brown Davis offers fuel tank options at the opposite side of the stock fuel tank which appear to make good sense for me from a balance standpoint (all based on my assumption)

Any options for water storage in these areas of the Jeep? thank you.

ps: I have the AEV spare tire fuel tank which would make an outstanding water storage but as it had already seen storage with fuel and from my understanding, what is rated for gasoline is probably unsafe to use for water?

86scotty

Cynic
If you have the AEV spare tire fuel tank you are halfway there. Just add their rear bumper that has water storage and you're done.

There isn't really much room under a JKU.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Here's how I mounted a tank, pump, filtration and UV treatment setup under my JK.
It was perfect for three years around Africa.

Let me know if you have any questions.

For extra gas I have the AEV fuel caddy - an extra 10 gallons on their tire carrier, and combined with the stock tank it was enough for super-remote places in Africa.
It's easily enough for the Pan-American too (I did it with a stock 19 gal tank on a TJ)

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998