Order of XPS FRP Sandwich Panels

samjett

So I haven't been able to find these panels anywhere in the United States. Been looking for 2 inch thick XPS foam with UV-resistant FRP on the outside.
I have received a few quotes on Alibaba, one from Topolo: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/TOPOLO-lightweight-frp-sheet-and-xps_1600797538380.html, and am considering ordering their minimum order for my personal project (building a truck camper). Given that their minimum order is 50 square meters, and I anticipate to need about 20 square meters, I was wondering if anyone wants to go in on a purchase together with me? The ballpark figure I have is about $2200 for 50 square meters of the panels. I live near Long Beach, California area and was going to pick up the panels in my truck from the port. I can store for a brief period of time but if anyone is in this area and wants to split this order with me or buy panels off me, please DM or post on this thread. Cheers.

mxpxer7

Hey did you end up going forward with this? I've also been attempting to work with Topolo on a box. There's been some challenges on my end understanding how they design the floors to attach to subframes.

skevern

Hi @samjett, DM'd you! I run a small shop in LA where we use 2" EPS-FRP sandwich panels. We have some extra sheets of 2" EPS x 0.06" skin GFRP sandwich panels that we'd like to clear out. We purchased these from a manufacturer. Happy to share more details over phone or DM if interested.

ssseph88

Hi @samjett, DM'd you! I run a small shop in LA where we use 2" EPS-FRP sandwich panels. We have some extra sheets of 2" EPS x 0.06" skin GFRP sandwich panels that we'd like to clear out. We purchased these from a manufacturer. Happy to share more details over phone or DM if interested.
have you sold your FRP yet? i am from west covina CA and have a isuzu npr i am planning to build and planning to buy from Topolo as well ,you mention you have a shop is it for building overland box?
1701989476805.png

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
FYI: That company is shamlesly using product pictures of our campers. Quiet normal for Chinese companies but makes you wonder what else they are making up.... Insulation-RV-Side-Fiberglass-XPS-PU_1600483561123.html
On a side note: There is a lot of technology and material research going into a proper composite truck body. I would ask myself twice if I would take the risk buying from an unknown source to build my dream vehicle.

ssseph88

FYI: That company is shamlesly using product pictures of our campers. Quiet normal for Chinese companies but makes you wonder what else they are making up.... Insulation-RV-Side-Fiberglass-XPS-PU_1600483561123.html
On a side note: There is a lot of technology and material research going into a proper composite truck body. I would ask myself twice if I would take the risk buying from an unknown source to build my dream vehicle.
thank you for the info' i actually like totalcomposite with their FRP joiner 1702309795843.png
but when i reached out to them they only offer their pre-design box
i can't just buy parts like 4 walls only , my idea is different, the flooring of this camper would be starboard or coosa board or both
would you know a company in the US that sell FRP panels ? :)
1702309681688.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior