Original Carefree Freedom awning brackets

huskyhauler

Adventurer
I came into what looks to be an first generation Carefree Freedom awning. It's in great shape but doesn't have mounting brackets. It's a peculiar shape and the newer model brackets don't line up.

Does anyone have a lead on where I might track down some old brackets, or perhaps even have a schematic of the brackets for me to reproduce them? Carefree doesn't stock them and doesn't have any documentation on the bracket design for such older models.

I was able to track down these photos from an old, expired online listing, but after hours of searching they were all I could find. The brackets appear to attach to the upper portion of the awning where an awning rail would like in.

If I cannot locate brackets, will I be OK fabricating a L-shaped bracket and bolting through the lower portion of the awning, or would it be best to have a way to secure the top most portion as well?

I will be installing this on an ambulance and do not have a lot of room to work with between the drip line and the curve of the roof. I'll be driving some bolts through the top corner of the ambulance just before the curve as it's heavily reinforced at that spot, but am concerned the awning will not be strong enough without a bracket as designed from the manufacturer that attaches to the awning rail.

91ue_0.jpg

91ue2_0.jpg

91ue3_0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78