Other Toyota fourms?

So after being immersed in the Jeep world for 7+ years, I am completely starting over with this Toyota, and starting from the ground floor.

I'm glad I've found my way over here, but I'm struggling to figure out which other Toyota forums are worth my time. I don't hang out online enough to wade through every other Toy forum that's out there, because there are A LOT.

I've got a Tacoma, so I'm not looking for a Supra forum. I've spent a little time over on TTORA, but there are some real jerks over there, it's not a great place to be a Toyota newb.

Tell me- which other Toyota forums do you like/use or dislike/avoid and why?

laxtoy

Adventurer
there are some good ones, some i don't know enough about to comment unfortunately. yota tech is good, ih8mud is great but mainly does land cruisers, custom tacos does tacomas, but is more for chrome and shiny stuff as is tundrasolutions, which mainly does tundras. it is unfortunate, ttora has a ton of info going around, but yes, many of the guys on it are morons.

BIGGUY

Adventurer
forum

toyotanation has a lot of info on the newer Tacomas and a section on the older ones too. I've never really looked at the older Tacoma section though.

penangtoy

Adventurer
there are some good ones, some i don't know enough about to comment unfortunately. yota tech is good, ih8mud is great but mainly does land cruisers, custom tacos does tacomas, but is more for chrome and shiny stuff as is tundrasolutions, which mainly does tundras. it is unfortunate, ttora has a ton of info going around, but yes, many of the guys on it are morons.

Agreed TTORA is a very hostile forum and not worth being around there except to search on the forums. As for me I rather ask my friends around me that have their own shops and rigs. As mentioned above the other sites like yotatech and Ih8mud even I heard great things about pirate 4x4 site are very good sites. I am sure you will find a ton of info for your truck.

zidaro

Explorer
For good info:

www.Marlincrawler.com
www.TTORA.com
www.Pirate4x4.com - HUGE info source
www.Ih8mud.com
www.yotatech.com
www.customtacos.com - engine related info. only

In regards to the "jerks"-
With any forum, SEARCHING for your answers instead of just asking a stupid, over asked question will go A LONG WAY.
respectfully- dont be too sensitive, who cares what people say on these forums. Alot of people have nothing to do and have no knowledge, just sarcasm. Lots of immaturity. Have fun with it.

Yeah, I avoided pirate4x4 on the Jeep scene as well....good info there? Yes, but not sure it's worth wading through all the bs to find it. I only read recommended threads over there.

Zidaro, I'm not a forum newb, just a Toyota newb, but always good advice to remember the immaturity level of many of those guys, the sarcasm is pretty evident. Common sense is getting to be a lot less common for some reason, and a lot of forum interactions seem to prove this. I get the "search before asking," but alot of good questions still get innundated by sarcasm on TTORA. Common sense ought to be used more by those replying to questions than by those asking, in my opintion.

And thanks tomesd, but I have a 1st gen Taco, I'll look for that section over there.

Bogo

Adventurer
All things in the drive train plus a bit more.

Use them for their mini truck FAQ.

Lots of good info for most Toyota trucks. USA centered, but international people too.

http://www.4x4wire.com/ Engnbldr hangs out here and has some writeups on simple but effective performance enhancements for the 22RE. http://www.engnbldr.com/ If you want to rebuild a 22RE or 3.0 V6.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears