Our 1st 80 Series build

Rear Kaymar bar complete including rear flood light mounted center of the spare tyre and license plate/light

9514778614_fd98e2f4e5.jpg

Picked up a couple small LED work/flood lamps for the Landcruiser last week and found some extra time to mount them this morning. Simple install mounting them with rubber isolated steel loop rings to the roof rack. I also came across a lightly used Camping Lab RTT from a fellow ExPo member and had a couple friends help me get it mounted up on the rack. Only fall back is the storage chests on the rack were removed so I'm now looking into constructing a loft shelf to house the extras if necessary.

Drive's side LED mounting
9586000047_1f3f53fe2d.jpg

Passenger side LED mounting under the awning
9586000115_244814fc2f.jpg

Camping Lab roof top tent
9571258192_6de1605d07.jpg

dcoy

Adventurer
Nice looking '80. The RTT looks good on top (did a double take while browsing mindlessly; it looks familiar). Hope you enjoy it.

Picked up a used Pelican 1720 from a friend the other day so I decided to put together a simple roof mounted solar charging system to help maintain battery health.

Started with a Pelican 1720 case then mounted a 15 watt aluminum framed solar panel to the top lid of the case using 6mm button head bolts, .5" nylon spacers, flat washers and nylock nuts. On the inside I installed a solar charging regulator as well as a Deka ETX16L and two marine sockets so we could plug in accessories right into the case's sides without having to open the front bonnet or a door to access power. Once it was completed the entire unit was mounted to the roof rack with U bolts, plates and nylock nuts. I tested the output once all was said and done in good sun light but not direct light and was putting out 14.2 watts.

I may add some dividers to protect/separate the battery side from items that may be stored up top.

9684416882_ec2f56b69d_c.jpg

9684417028_24aa679ec7_c.jpg

9684416974_0e177e584c_c.jpg

KevinMLee

Wannabe
Nice Build! What did you use for the Antenna? I'm considering getting rid of my stock telescoping metal antenna with a more "durable" one....

Thanks

Matt, Thanks! Kitty and I wish you all the best and hope we can meet up next time your local.

Kevin, Thank You! The antenna we found in a pick a part out of a Mazda mini van and with a little modification it worked out extremely well. I did have to remove the fender from the 80 to access the mounting position.

Arrived home earlier today from treatment so we jumped on a couple projects we had been wanting to catch up on.

Bottle Opener:
We picked up a YETI bottle opener as well as a tow hitch cover in steel made by Curt (PN 22750), mounted the opener to the cover via the screws supplied with the Yeti opener and shazam a fun custom hitch cover.
9926617973_3c9885b5d9_c.jpg

Dual battery system:
Finally finished up the dual battery system using a Battery Tray from a 91/2 FJ80, an IBS battery management system and a Slee Offroad relocation bracket for the washer bottle.
9926618343_31287159a2_c.jpg

Anderson Plug:
Replaced the worn out and decaying dust cover with a fresh Black one.
9926643363_b0665728f5_c.jpg

ert01

Adventurer
Where did you find the replacement rubber cover for the Anderson plug?

I have a large Anderson plug for my power connection for my winch (its removable) and the cap was lost on the trail awhile ago and I like the looks of that style you have. Seems like a good option.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Unclebilly.

Ert01, I pick up all my Anderson and Porewpole needs from Powerwerx.com great source and pricing. Thanks

http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-accessories/dust-cover-sb175.html

Where did you find the replacement rubber cover for the Anderson plug?

I have a large Anderson plug for my power connection for my winch (its removable) and the cap was lost on the trail awhile ago and I like the looks of that style you have. Seems like a good option.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle