Our first camping attempt w/Brenden (6 mo old)

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
On the formula heating issue... it's not that huge of a deal. Sterilize a bottle and dry it. Dispense the powder, and close it up. Boil some water, put it into a thermos boiling. Go to sleep. When baby wakes, pour the water from the thermos to the bottle, mix it up, good to go.

Here's one of the more complicated ways I got my kids hooked on camping...as I said...I am the entertainer for the kids. These photos/vids are all from last year. I have only set it up once this year, as they are usually so distracted by the adventure of the trees, rocks, creeks etc now. I did promise them I would set it up for this weekends trip though.

Like I say...it takes a lot of work and creativity, but if you make your kids enjoyment the first priority, they will fall in love with camping/exploring the great outdoors. Yes...part of that is letting them play with fire. I only get to "help" make the fires now (i.e. cut and split the large wood). They trade off who gets to build and match the fire.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45538

A zipline! You Sir, are my hero. I have been thinking about building one of these on my property and just found some new motivation to do so.

Thanks,

Kevin

XL Bar

Observer
We used some type of little portable collapsible crib when we camped with our little guys (8 months or so) in the ground tent. Kept them corraled at night. Most importantly is warm toasty sleep clothes (footed pjs are great!) and good quality warm sleeping bags for everybody (Mom especially). Thermos of hot water for the night feedings.

We bought -20 synthetic bags for the kids and 0 degree down for Mama.
And good insulated pads! Much cheaper than a trailer!

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior