out with the old in with the new

westyss

Explorer
A few images from our stay in Mexico:

On the mainland we were relegated to staying in RV parks, we are not really geared up for that but did ok, stayed put in Rincon de Guayabitos for a month and were the last rig in the park.

DSCF9211_zps2e264ad6.jpg

Started on our way north to Chacala beach.
DSCF9217_zps56833d49.jpg

Another real nice beach at Huatabampito.
DSCF9370_zpsd744d668.jpg

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Was nice to briefly meet you at the expo. Y'all got out of there faster than I expected, so I did not make it back to visit. Great truck you have there Sir.

Regards,

westyss

Explorer
Was nice to briefly meet you at the expo. Y'all got out of there faster than I expected, so I did not make it back to visit. Great truck you have there Sir.

Regards,

Thanks Brian, was good to meet you and everyone that we did meet, we had a great time but inhaled way too much dust on Sunday so bugged out early, we do have a ways to go to get home and now are almost there, just one more week and its back to work for me :eek:(

westyss

Explorer
Just got back from our trip, after expo we did the Grand Canyon north rim, point sublime where we met up with another expo guy, Valley of the Gods where we met another expo guy in an XP camper, he was camped right next to us at expo, Muley point and Moki Dugway, Bridges NM, and then Eugene Ore where we went to the coast from there and travelled up to Aberdeen before hitting I-5 for home..........13,649 kilometers total for the trip, some pics soon.

westyss

Explorer
Spent a few days in Sedona doing some day trips from there then headed up Schnebely Hill on the way to Expo.

Airing down for the trip.

DSCF9702_zps20fc464d.jpg

Lots of Pink Jeep Tour jeeps on this trail.

DSCF9721_zpsff2d72be.jpg

At the vista point we ran into this and ended up camping with them at Expo.

DSCF9743_zpsc345c736.jpg

Somewhere in the woods around Mormon Lake waiting for Expo to start.

DSCF9747_zps08d2da44.jpg

westyss

Explorer
Last night before expo we were cruising around a lake looking for a campspot when we saw this from across the lake and went to investigate, nice couple who we hung out with a bit at expo but they had alot of attention there with this rig and were glad we had the chance to get in and check it out, nice!

DSCF4344_zps10026c67.jpg

Next day at the Expo we camped out with the Earthroamer group and had a great time with these folks, and right next to the test track so watched many rigs on it.

DSCF9753_zps08066096.jpg

Saw many nice machines at expo but I never did see a picture of this one anywhere so here it is, I think all the other rigs already got air time.

DSCF9762_zpsc20835ed.jpg

After expo we headed to the north rim of the Grand Canyon where we ran into this rig, ATW that we also saw at expo but did not go in.

DSCF9925_zps827d41a1.jpg

From there we got a permit and headed for Point Sublime.

DSCF9979_zps71d714f8.jpg

Along the way we met another two couples who were busy using a bow saw to try to get through a couple of trees blocking the path, after half an hour I got my saw running and made quick work of getting through.

DSCF9997_zpsc5dd37df.jpg

And they named this place well as it was a Sublime point for sure.

DSCF0018_zps93655336.jpg

With another expo attendee camped there too.

DSCF0086_zpsb98a8a2a.jpg

Great spot!

DSCF0100_zps6486fcc2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12