Outdoor Kid Photo Thread

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I was working on a project last night where I needed to select a few photos of my family enjoying camping/hiking/outdoors. I just couldn't do it. Each gallery I went through as I toured the dusty corners of my hard drive was just so nostalgic I couldn't make a decision! I did however, narrow it down to about 70 images :)

I uploaded them here: http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Family/camping/
I think it's kinda fun to look at them, as they encompass my kids growing up from about 2 years old, to current, and wow are they cute... but then, I'm partial :)

936484371_xAieN-XL.jpg

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
We are headed out on our first trip of the season with our 7 month old. Sort of nervous. But expect plenty of pics! :victory:

So how did that go?

We ended up cutting our trips short. Total sleep deprivation should only be practiced for short periods of time. :elkgrin: I often have trouble sleeping anywhere other than my own bed, and then add a baby who is also having trouble sleeping anywhere other than her own bed and... uh.

I don't know if we'd all settle down into a routine if we stayed for a longer period of time, it's too painful to find out. So, just weekend trips so far.

Otherwise, we haven't had any troubles camping.

SilverBullet

Explorer
We had the same problem with all 3 of our kids. the first night is hard, but nights 2 and 3 are great and eveyone sleeps.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I just haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet. It would probably help if we weren't sleep deprived already going into the weekend. ;)

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Here's one of my little sweetie:

Picture032.jpg

Outdoor kid photo thread? How about a picture our kid took of us?

P6200006.jpg

Since I don't know where else to post this, here's how you warm up frozen baby food cubes when you don't have a microwave. Easy: Just double boil it. No burning, nice gentle heat.

Picture033-1.jpg

Rover Family

To many to post but gotta post something with all these awesome pics. Just another day at the beach. Can't find the camping ones right now :mad:
21wpk2.jpg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
From our 'belated' annual fathers day run, where we take the kids wheeling and camping for 2-3 days:

JohnJonathanandPrestonGRrun1July201.jpg

2010-07-01113153.jpg

Johns first fall bird hunting: (fall of '08)

johns4thbday027.jpg

Johns first Grouse! (full blaze becuase it was deer season) fall of '09

johnsfirstbird004.jpg

exploreFL

Observer
HAHA, one month old, nothing crazy, just swung by work for a quick photo shoot! Teaching him how to really drive an engine! :smiley_drive:

P1090326.jpg

Airmonger

Adventurer
A photos from a very crowded Winchester state park a few weekends ago. Still breaking in my wife for camping, but the kids are already doing multi night camp outs with no problem. I can't Imagine why a girl would need a shower and running water but whatever.

The Thre Kidlets
kidos.jpg

Alice
alice.jpg

Maria
maria.jpg

Jamie and Dad
jamieanddad.jpg

Last edited:

OzX

Adventurer
El Capitan State Beach from Last Week

Zoe's surf hut
DSC_3356.jpg

DSC_3368.jpg

Zoe paddling out
DSC_3408b.jpg

Giving him instruction
DSC_3408d.jpg

Little pushoff from Dad
DSC_3408e.jpg

Allllllmost up this time!
DSC_3408f.jpg

body boarded a few
DSC_3408g.jpg

Me getting bored and body surfing - water was ICE
DSC_3408i.jpg

Zoe off on his own now
DSC_3408j.jpg

Pop paddling out
DSC_3408k.jpg

Admonishing him to "always be looking outside!"
DSC_3408l.jpg

He's done!
DSC_3408o.jpg

Tired
DSC_3415.jpg

Our GREAT campsite
DSC_3420.jpg

Son and Pop
DSC_3432.jpg

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Not really outside, but here's Phil "helping" me out with my truck.

IMG_6083.jpg

(Just in case anybody is concerned. The truck is sitting on all 4 tires on level ground, wheels chocked. It cannot move or fall.)

Rick B

Top of Cascade Creek Trail, CO
IMG_6245.JPG

Top of Devils Canyon Trail, CO
IMG_6240.JPG

Heading in to Telluride, CO
IMG_6306.JPG

Heading in to Ouray, CO
IMG_6371.JPG

I asked the wife to scan our old photos of me with my oldest son (when he was only 1 year old) staring over the edge of Toroweep Overlook (Grand Canyon, North Rim).

I never thought of what we do as "expedition-like", but after being on this site for a while, maybe my family is not so weird!!! We NEVER take the paved road to any city if we can. We are always seeing trails and saying, "Lets see where that goes."

This is one of my new favorite sites to visit!!!

Riptide

Explorer
2 pics froma trip I just completed Monday...

Blackwoods campground, Acadia National Park (10 days!!), and my kid doing her first real hike (about 2.2 miles, up and down, up and down, etc).

I was extremely proud of her. No complaints, had fun the entire time, and only asked me to carry the stuffed moose once (granted, it was the only thing in her pack).

We did the whole trip at her pace, so there was no drudgery. She absolutely loved every minute of it, and is ready to go back.

Taking the "Kazooki" with us, as she calls the Suzuki Samurai, was a blast, and is getting us geared up for some real exploration out West, as we get our feet under us, and learn how to do this.

Attachments

• DSC_1841email.jpg
    DSC_1841email.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_2469email.jpg
    DSC_2469email.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior