Outfitter stolen in southern CA

contento

Observer
I just came across this on CL, figured I'd help them out by re-posting it here.

http://santamaria.craigslist.org/laf/3761977204.html

Here's the text in case the ad gets flagged or expires:

"Stolen 4/18/13 from Solvang A pop up camper the brand 2005 Outfitter please call 805-452-0753 with any information we will give a reward. This is a heart broken family please help us locate it. It was stolen right out of our driveway. "

Based on how long I've been looking, Outfitters are pretty rare so the prick that stole it is gonna have a hard time selling it without someone noticing...

RangeBrover

Explorer
Well I'm sure insurance will cover it so it's not that devastating of a loss. Still surprising that someone just stole it out of their driveway though, it's not like you can just hitch it up and roll away.

pods8

Explorer
Well I'm sure insurance will cover it so it's not that devastating of a loss.

Truck or homeowners doesn't typically cover a camper unless explicitly purchased (or a rider added) so that's not a guarantee. That said I'm SO SICK of that motto. The dang cops even take that approach and don't pursue most of the time either, its disgusting that we accept crime like that. Insurance isn't a magical thing for free, we all pay increased rates for dirt bag thieves.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Truck or homeowners doesn't typically cover a camper unless explicitly purchased (or a rider added) so that's not a guarantee. That said I'm SO SICK of that motto. The dang cops even take that approach and don't pursue most of the time either, its disgusting that we accept crime like that. Insurance isn't a magical thing for free, we all pay increased rates for dirt bag thieves.

Thanks for saying it pods8, and I agree. Insurance companies are there to make money, so the more they have to pay out the more we all have to pay.

RangeBrover

Explorer

Then don't buy insurance no ones forcing you to. I agree though we should have more cops looking for lost campers than working on violent crimes. You're failing to see that the problem is the thieves not the cops.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Then don't buy insurance no ones forcing you to. I agree though we should have more cops looking for lost campers than working on violent crimes. You're failing to see that the problem is the thieves not the cops.

I think you may have missed the point. But lets move on, or start a new conversation somewhere else. (And yes, I am guilty of the hijack as well.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman