Outlander Sherpa storage box sizes

TXST8tj

Observer
I am in the planning/design stages of a trailer build and have narrowed the overall setup to casually resemble that of an Outlander Sherpa II trailer. I am still working on the overall dimensions of the trailer, but I am wondering if someone can help me with the basic dimensions (height/width/depth) of the storage boxes on their Sherpa trailer. I can go one of two ways with this....hand-built boxes, or premade. I am not sure who made the boxes for Outlander, but I have found a solution that might come reasonably close as long as I can get them in the correct approx. sizes....I just need a starting point.
Knowing what a reasonable size box is will help me size the rest of the trailer.

loren85022

Explorer
Just FYI, before I opted for my utility-body style of trailer I had spoken with the owner of Sherpa about building some custom boxes. The prices were not bad.

TXST8tj

Observer
Those are pretty cool.

I am actually looking to use an assortment of RKI boxes. They are a topnotch toolbox manufacturer and they also make wide size range of other boxes.
http://www.rki-us.com/products.aspx?sec=s&cat=2&type=5&series=30
If I could find out the dimensions of the large rear box, I can figure the rest of them. The RKI boxes only come as deep as 24", which I am not sure is deep enough. They don't come cheap, but I am a dealer, so the pricing is a little more manageable.

My other option is to make them. This route will definitely give me exactly what I want/need size-wise, I am just not 100S% certain on the sizes to start with.

TXST8tj

Observer
Just FYI, before I opted for my utility-body style of trailer I had spoken with the owner of Sherpa about building some custom boxes. The prices were not bad.

hmm, I thought Outlander was not making products for the consumer market anymore....

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Give Robert a call. I believe the boxes are all custom made for each trailer. My Sherpa II is slightly different from the base models. I opted for some boxes to be larger, and some smaller. I think the side boxes on mine are about 30" wide x 18" tall x 8" deep.

TXST8tj

Observer
Thank you! I will give him a call to see what he might have or be willing to offer. I can pretty much get the sizes I need for the sides (over the fender), forward side opening boxes, as well as a tongue box. It's really the larger rear box that I think I am going to have an issue with....getting one deep enough. I am thinking home-built might be the best way to go to get exactly what I need and have everything look and function the same.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Give him a call indeed...

That is correct, Outlander is no longer offering a trailer for the consumer...

Last I heard, Outlander trailer's local source for boxes went out of business. I don't know where he is sourcing his boxes anymore...

Give him a call, and If he can help you, he certainly will...Might I suggest some Pelican cases? They may have a case that might work...

Here are my box dimensions...10" deep x 38" long x 16.5" high...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

BWJ

TXST8tj

Observer
BWJ, thank you very much! Can you help me with the rear box?....guessing it is somewhere in the 24" tall, 46" deep range (no guess on width).

I read your thread start to finish. Seeing the details and function of yours single-handedly sold me on that style. I think a M416 would be much easier to build, but I like the separate compartments of the Outlander style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears