Overado 2010 Tacoma Build

Overado

Observer
Overado Tacoma Build
Current status:
IMG_1433.jpg
I sold my Silverado (the overado) recently and came back to my Toyota roots! Here is a picture...
image.jpg
Enough about that here is a picture of the Tacoma when I brought her home June 26th
image.jpg
2010 5spd with 33,000 on the clock. I needed something smaller and better on gas and I wanted another Toyota (this is my 3rd!)
And here is a couple shots from last weekend!
image.jpg
image.jpg
More to come soon I am almost done with the front bumper hopefully I will have the set of FJ rims I bought cleaned up soon and afresh set of rubber a few sizes bigger!
Cheers! And hope you like what you see!

Last edited:

CMARJEEP

Observer
Damn man how much do you have that thing jacked up? It looks HIGH. What are the specs on your suspension?

shabba

Observer
this is my regular cab. what are you going to do for tires?

Attachments

• yota with no cap.jpg
    yota with no cap.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 47
  • taco with grabbers.jpg
    taco with grabbers.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 49

Overado

Observer
Damn man how much do you have that thing jacked up? It looks HIGH. What are the specs on your suspension?
I am running a kit from Toytec with Bilstein 5100s on all corners with Toytec Springs up front sitting at about 3.5" and Dakar AALs in the rear giving the rear about 2" minus sag I think I am going to swap in a leaf pack from the double cab so I can put more in the bed with less sag or do a flip kit...or both!

subbed because RC and because New England!
Gotta love the reg cab! I see you have one as well. that thing is sweet! I like the tires, what size are you running? I bought a set of rims of an FJC, I am in the middle of refurbishing and plan on going with a set of 285s or 33s...I would love dirty5s but they aren't practical for every day use of the truck. Here is a shot of the rims the day I bought them
image.jpg
Also where in NE are you based out of?

Here are some past install pics...the pic of the front end is right before I swapped the passenger cv axel due to torn boot and clicking. Before I deleted the sway bar it broke free and annihilated my inner cv boot/joint on the passenger side
image.jpg
Sorry about the classic side ways expo upload
image.jpg
And hear is the most recent pic of my front bumper with a primer coat to keep the rust away while I'm waiting on some plate steel to come in to finisher her up!
image.jpg
And a bonus pic her in action
image.jpg

C7mb

I saw you on 93S on Friday! I was trying to give you a thumbs up but the traffic was unforgiving. Truck looks great, definitely breaks necks.

Overado

Observer
I saw you on 93S on Friday! I was trying to give you a thumbs up but the traffic was unforgiving. Truck looks great, definitely breaks necks.
Thanks! I would have thrown you a thumbs up! Traffic around here just keeps getting worse and worse...glad you dig the truck, I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya!

shabba

Observer
Im on the SS of MA. Ive got 285s now. was running that size in the km2 and then once those were too beat up i went with general grabbers at2s. what setting did you set your 5100s at with the eibachs? im running that setup now and im at .85 but i just bought some ome885x to swap in so i could drop the 5100s down to 0.

Overado

Observer
Im on the SS of MA. Ive got 285s now. was running that size in the km2 and then once those were too beat up i went with general grabbers at2s. what setting did you set your 5100s at with the eibachs? im running that setup now and im at .85 but i just bought some ome885x to swap in so i could drop the 5100s down to 0.

Im a south shore guy as well, i will have to keep my eyes out for ya. I have the 5100s set on the bottom clip and somehow my front end sits like a skyscraper haha i guess those springs are no joke (they are pretty stiff but getting better as the front gets a little heavier). I keep jumping back and forth with tires trying to decide what i want. i am almost done getting my rims ready so i gotta decide soon! may go with a set of retreads one of my buddies has them on a jeep and likes em and they seem to be a lot of bang for buck

shabba

Observer
nice! you might have the 3inch coils. i have the 1.6 inch. or maybe it just looks like that because your on stock tires?

Overado

Observer
any updates?

There are some updates but no pics yet. I am in a time crunch to get a lot of stuff done in the next 2 weeks before JD Wilderness Fest! the front bumper is almost done if time allows on monday the winch plate will be welded into the front bumper and I fabbed up the skid plate this week just needs some paint! also this week the new new tires should be in and mounted on the FJC rims!
Did you swap in those 885 coils yet?(pics?)...if my finished bumper doesn't tame out my front suspension I will be shopping for another set of coils soon there is no give in the front suspension at the moment
Full update to come soon!
Cheers

Overado

Observer
A sneak peak at another piece of the old girl coming together nicely. It should be pretty sweet when it's done! A lot of projects to finish up between now and next weekend. hopefully tires will be in tomorrow so I can get them mounted this weekend!
image.jpg
Had to go selfy style to get this picture because the truck was backed in...always dreaming of the barn I will someday buy or build while working out of one garage bay
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998