Overhead bunk in Wasatch Overland top

hansu

Hey hey, folks.

Anyone here who has had a Wasatch Overland top installed with the overhead bunk option? Looking at the pictures, it looks like the platform sits on some side rails. I'm curious if the side rails are there in a non-overhead-bunk spec? If so, I'm thinking I'd like to explore a couple of ideas using those side rails which would mean building my own platform(s).

Here's a link for reference: https://wasatch-overland.com/bunk

Daviticus

Those rails sit on top of the upper structure of the van after the roof is cut. What are you trying to accomplish?

86scotty

Cynic
Agreed ^^^. Looks like they just mount some angle (carpeted) above the original cut of the van roof and bed platform sits on that. Should be simple to add your own platform.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 12.44.28 AM.png

hansu

Those rails sit on top of the upper structure of the van after the roof is cut. What are you trying to accomplish?

In addition to a platform for a bunk, I have some ideas about gear hangars and such for when the bunk is not needed. If the rails are there in a non-bunk spec -- I doubt that's the case -- I might just skip having them make the bunk platform for my own design since I'll already be doing some fabbing/hacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears