overhead interior lights aren't working

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
So my overhead lights are not wanting to come on, none of them no matter where the switch is set to or which door is open, but all of the other accessories and clock work. I replaced the bulbs and pulled every fuse under the hood and under the dash to check them to no avail and am now stumped, any suggestions? I already read up on the fuses that support the interior lights and checked accordingly.

jlocster

Explorer
The switches in the light fixtures may be corroded. If you unscrew the light fixtures and open them up, check out the electrical contacts. I had to file some corrosion off my dome lights' switch contacts because they were working intermittently. After I cleaned them up they worked fine.

Last edited:

JamesW

Adventurer
Mine had no interior lights,key light, lights on buzzer or any of that good stuff when I fist got it,the buttons on the door jam were had it,try taking them off,and unplugging the connector,be really careful the connector doesn't get sucked into the body (you're in big trouble then) and check for continuity. Also clean up the screw,and the switch it's self

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Mine had no interior lights,key light, lights on buzzer or any of that good stuff when I fist got it,the buttons on the door jam were had it,try taking them off,and unplugging the connector,be really careful the connector doesn't get sucked into the body (you're in big trouble then) and check for continuity. Also clean up the screw,and the switch it's self

Door buzzer and key light work fine as far as I can tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears