Overkill Campers

Clamper

We built to order. We did an afternoon visit in mid October last year and spent a couple hours talking with them and check out a couple builds in process and looked at and climbed around in their rental units as they made two sizes we were looking at. Deposit was 3500 to hold our place in the build queue and that was for a May 2023 delivery. We talked a few times over the winter finalizing colors and options and we’re pleas surprised that we could move up to March for our delivery. They do require another 3500 when the build starts and the balance was due on delivery. We supplied our own batteries and dropped them off the week before it was completed. We also received some cool build pictures as it progressed. Very pleased with the experience and result. Deposit to pickup was 5 month, actual build time was 2 weeks from start to pickup.
Full RV loan funded in Mar 2021. Picked it up July 2022. Leaky roof Aug '22, inop heater Octy'22, new heater installed Jan '23, hot water heater inop two weeks later, jammed frig slide, Mar '23, inop water pump since May'23 (recent trip (8-4-23). Consider yourself lucky you got yours so quickly. I spoke with a pending customer who place a deposit BEFORE me and still hasnt rec'd a trailer

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I was the one who called Xtreme RV and spoke with financial controller. She was adamant about not knowing anything about a new line of trailers, or re-tooling current mfg line equipment for a new production run. I have had issues with my OK trailer and left messages with Brandon ref warranty repairs. It been crickets for over two weeks. I would NOT purchase anything they are involved in. I could post pages of trailer issues. And Im not the only OK trailer owner experiencing these.

Yes I called the factory in PA several months ago about a possible tour of facility. Asked about the Overkill deal and was told they would not start production until multiple orders with deposit were on the books. That is tad different then the story you were told.

TutHillOverland

I am waiting, probably in vain, for a S.O.5.10 from Overkill. Reserve Deposit paid December 2021, Construction Deposit paid May 2022. No communication since the boiler-plate email about Xtreme Outdoors. I was willing to wait a bit, but this is ridiculous.

Is there anyone else in litigation, and/or know of the right lawyer? There must be a lawyer already on the case. Please message me if you can help. Thank you

PhatPanda

The new Epik Scout page has more stuff added, you can now place a refundable deposit, October build start and delivery by December. I guess the manufacturing agreement was figured out. They are touring the prototype around the east coast overland shows, and they are on Instagram. Have no idea what involvement there is with the past owners, just thought I would update this thread.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So with all options the Epik RV is 52k.

If Little Guy Trailers are the mfgers of this Trailer why would they just build them and sell them through thier dealer network?

After all the folks who were burned by these guys why would anyone give one thin dime as a down payment?

Clamper

Anyone with paid deposits on Overkill trailers check out Overkill/Adventure Series RV/Epik Scout Owners Group on FB. Its a group of people with deposits and no trailer. They have up to date info on the Overkill saga.

PNW_PW

Full RV loan funded in Mar 2021. Picked it up July 2022. Leaky roof Aug '22, inop heater Octy'22, new heater installed Jan '23, hot water heater inop two weeks later, jammed frig slide, Mar '23, inop water pump since May'23 (recent trip (8-4-23). Consider yourself lucky you got yours so quickly. I spoke with a pending customer who place a deposit BEFORE me and still hasnt rec'd a trailer
my post quoted wasn’t my experience with overkill, I got bad vibes from them and passed. It was about the company we went with instead. Sorry for the confusion…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior