Overland Expo West 2015

AllenL

I'll be traveling from Denver, leaving Tuesday early afternoon or so. Thinking about taking the scenic way over to the Expo, although I haven't decided on an exact route. I'd be game to meet up on the way down for a trail ride or campsite if anyone else is planning something similar.

I'm driving a 2014 4runner TE, 285s, OME height lift.

Source3

Wife and I are heading out from Farmington Thursday morning. Gotta get there early enough to claim a good campsite in the NF....

I am going to try to leave around 6am on Thursday morning for the same reason. But staying at the Expo Grounds

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
How many people show up at Expo usually?

I believe last year was somewhere north of 7,000 for the west show (take that with a grain of salt - I don't think I ever heard the final number, but I remember hearing that it was expected to be in that range). That includes the day-pass folks - I'm not sure how many of those stayed in the campground (which I hear will be much more organized this year).

TravelinLight

Observer
I have my agenda and classes scheduled. Plan on leaving Denver mid day Thursday to arrive early on Friday. Depending on how long it takes to get down there and any issues with my rig leave early on Sunday morning.

Quick, long, and hard trip, but looking forward to it.

Sleam

Explorer
Yep, i ended up reserving a spot in the Dairy Springs NF campsite only a few miles away. I think I'm arriving the day before the campground opens so we'll be doing hte dispersed camping in the 4Runner. I'll have some beer and burgers if you find us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78