Overland The Third. ARB WJ inside!

xwazmtb

Lost and Found at the same time.
I'm looking forward to your build. Mine is on a bit of a hold for a little bit. Dreaming about the next level for it.
Still absolutely love your build it was definitely a leading role when I was building mine. So I thought you might enjoy a couple photos. Its not an overland so I don't have the nice 4.7ho bit still a fully loaded limited with 109k miles.
View attachment 355346uploadfromtaptalk1468469084733.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468469094106.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468469107302.jpg

Lecoq

Explorer
Still absolutely love your build it was definitely a leading role when I was building mine. So I thought you might enjoy a couple photos. Its not an overland so I don't have the nice 4.7ho bit still a fully loaded limited with 109k miles.

Looks awesome! What rear bumper is that? I like it.

xwazmtb

Lost and Found at the same time.
Looks awesome! What rear bumper is that? I like it.
It is rock hard 4x4 I think it was around USD$1150 shipped to a freight depot. I have changed the license plate mount since these pic and added a aux reverse light.
a877e65d490c193ae564a4b5e5185f48.jpg

A better picture of it

Lecoq

Explorer
Here's an update for the ones still following.

It has been busy lately so the adventures and the jeep have been on hold.

This winter the economy in Alberta went from bad to worse. I took a 40% pay cut and decided it was time to re evaluate life. For a long time I've been wanting to move back home in the Eastern Townships of Quebec. I decided this spring not to wait anymore.

We sold our house in Calgary in less than 2 weeks after having it on the market. Waited for the kids to finish school and started packing.

The move across the country was quite the adventure. The week before leaving, my wife's friend backed into the jeep while it was parked on the street. Jeep won the battle.

Nothing but a scratch on the paint

Before loading

Loaded up and sagged rear end

Lecoq

Explorer
Now for the fun part.

Driving through Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba

So boring even the dog was sleeping.

Getting into Ontario. Where the trouble started.

After filling up with fuel the Jeep start steaming up from under the hood. I pulled over and noticed the upper rad hose was off the radiator. I put a clamp on it and topped up the coolant. Tried bleeding it as best as I could but there was still lots of air in the system. So I had it towed to the nearest Jeep dealer. Unfortunately they had no time to look at it for a week. Same went for the other shops in town.

At that point I decided to find the nearest Uhaul dealer and transferred all my stuff into a cube van. Also rented a car hauler trailer to put the jeep on.

After 5 days of travelling I made it home.

Had the Jeep looked at at a friend's shop when I got here. Seems to be running ok after he flushed the whole coolant system.

Waiting on a few parts from Clayton Offroad and will most likely be doing little work on it when I can. I'm hoping to start building a new home soon.

Last edited:

LeakyWJ

Awesome wj. 100% agree with not wanting to ruin a shiny new truck. One of the main reasons I got a wj. (Sorry Im late to this thread I just found this forum)

monte350

for future reference, the hex pipe plug where the radiator hose connects to the engine is for bleeding air out of the system. its the highest point where air will collect. loosen it with the engine running and tighten when you stop seeing air bubbles come out. otherwise, fantastic build. i hope to have my ZJ at this level someday.

Lecoq

Explorer
Awesome wj. 100% agree with not wanting to ruin a shiny new truck. One of the main reasons I got a wj. (Sorry Im late to this thread I just found this forum)

Thank you

Any updates on the WJ?

Unfortunately not. I ended up selling it at the end of the summer to fund the new house construction. I regret it a little now and then but it had to be done. I've gone over budget on the house by quite a bit and it wasn't feasible to have 3 cars anymore. I've been working on the house every day for the past 4 months and it's getting close to being done.

I'm hoping that the new life arrangements I've made in the past year will allow for more traveling in the near future.

Here's what I've been up to.

It's a work in progress but it's home. :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger