Overland Training: Educating the Adventure Traveler

Scott Brady

Founder
Purple People Eater said:
The video was really choppy for me, with no music...

That is an HD .mov file. Slow internet connections or processors will really suffer with it.

What is your internet connection like?

Scott Brady

Founder
1leglance said:
a couple of tidbits on the video...in the future I would either have the OJ Land Rover turned toward the action or out of the shot so there is less distraction....or maybe it was just me looking to see if there were any new mods :)

Thanks for the feedback

I am (very) far from Pasquale in both shooting skills and editing skills ;)

expeditionswest said:
That is an HD .mov file. Slow internet connections or processors will really suffer with it.

What is your internet connection like?

Cable modem, Linksys, Powerbook G4

edit: I can hear the music now, but it's still pretty choppy.

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Scott if that was you filming & editting then really good job...I totally suck even compared to you much less the furry monster of the north Pasquatch :)
I just thought I would provide the feedback so you guys could have an ever improving product, plus I just went and posted it all over the place so you should get more attention :)

On the download I just waited until it was finished before watching and no chop...maybe that helps.

I hope JP knows about this video since his "Expeditioneers" rig is so well shown :)

Keep the good stuff coming as there are tons of newbies and oldies alike ready for it

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Great video and great schedule. Im going to have to compare calendars and see what I can work out!!:smiley_drive: :roost:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
There's something very familiar about both the location and the challenge....

Nice job. I've been sharing the course catalog with folks around here trying to improve the visibility of OT. No one can match the breadth of what you guys are offering.

Great offering guys! Although I can't see myself speding the money on the cert courses, I'm interested in a video series that covers the same content. Any possibility of that?

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Lot's of fun!

Recovery training by luck:
DSC00947.JPG

Note- not in our group!

DSC00948.JPG

DSC00949.JPG

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00967.JPG

DSC00982.JPG

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
gjackson said:
The Overland Training 2009 course catalog is now up. Check it out here:

http://overlandtraining.com/catalog/

We will be updating the catalog as new courses and dates become available, so keep checking back.

cheers

Graham,

Am interested in OT405 & OT410. Would be nice if you could put these together with consecutive dates.

Al

gjackson

FRGS
Al,

We have a lot of interest in the guiding course (OT410). Will probably plan that for late Spring or Early Summer of 09. It will involve a lot of field work, possibly dropping down into Mexico. We can certainly make 405 consecutive if we get the interest. I'll look into it.

cheers

gjackson

FRGS
The latest course run last week saw two very large vendors attend: ARB and Sportsmobile are now Overland Certified Vendors along with Sierra Expeditions.

It was very cool to have two Sportsmobiles and three Earthroamers in the same class!

http://www.overlandtraining.com/alumni/

cheers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan