Overland XJs Unite!

vienansissi

Adventure jeep

Hi,

This is mine 1990 limited, just inspection done after 1,5year "restoration" (mainly maintenance and rust repair). Now waiting for re3,5 lift. Dual batteries, oba for this summers Kola Peninsula trip.
image.jpg

Maybe I do built thread soon.

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
That is one phenomenal MJ!

I have a white 98' XJ that is currently under construction as I repair / renew all the usual suspects and collect parts for the build (see blog link in my sig) . :safari-rig:
d'sjeep.jpg

Last edited:

d67u57

Adventurer
good. now you can buy a few xj's and go on a vacation or two with the leftover cash :p

are you looking for a stock one or something that's already been worked on?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I think...I might sell my XJ. I never thought I would say this, but I might do it. I bought a MINT as new condition 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD with a 5.7L Hemi... and I love it.

Someone please talk me out of selling it.

reece146

Automotive Artist
The reason I don't sell mine is because it is worth nothing and as a result not worth giving away.

$17k 2001 Jeep in 2003.

$15k + in aftermarket parts over the last 10 years.

Ask on kijiji would be $7500, lucky to sell for $5k with all the parts on it still. If I could get more than $10k for it I would consider it but that is not happening with an XJ. I can't be bothered to part it and deal with dumb *** kids dickering me down on every little thing for the next half year or longer. That was painful enough when I got out of the Suzuki junk.

I'd rather hang on to it an use it as a toy if I replace it. I'll keep it to let my son drive it when he gets old enough.

Besides, in the meantime it works perfectly adequately. They are great trucks... just wish it was the same truck but just a touch larger.

Land Cruiser HDJ100 or a diesel G-wagen is calling my name very strongly right now... not sure if I can resist that much longer.

Keep it. If it doesn't affect your monthly budget hang on to it and use it for wheeling where the WK is too "nice" to use use that way.

S Gilbert

Adventurer
Here's mine

It's a 1992, 4 Litre, 5 speed, with 3" pro comp springs in the rear, and 3" zone lift in the front.
31" BFG allterrains in new condition that I bought used for $50 each :wings:
Extreme winch bumper from Dirtbound Offroad with a WARN 8274 and 3 HELLA 500s.

It is a work in progress, so there are many things still to come.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 83

resqman911

Hey guys new to the site, currently building my jeep up for overlanding and light crawling. Have a huge wishlist but here is how she sits now.

1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
4.5 inch lift
255/75R17 BFG MT
ORFAB front and rear bumpers
SmittyBuilt XRC 8000 winch
ConFer Roof Rack with Hella Offroad Lights

jeep.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
The reason I don't sell mine is because it is worth nothing and as a result not worth giving away.

$17k 2001 Jeep in 2003.

$15k + in aftermarket parts over the last 10 years.

Ask on kijiji would be $7500, lucky to sell for $5k with all the parts on it still. If I could get more than $10k for it I would consider it but that is not happening with an XJ. I can't be bothered to part it and deal with dumb *** kids dickering me down on every little thing for the next half year or longer. That was painful enough when I got out of the Suzuki junk.

I'd rather hang on to it an use it as a toy if I replace it. I'll keep it to let my son drive it when he gets old enough.

Besides, in the meantime it works perfectly adequately. They are great trucks... just wish it was the same truck but just a touch larger.

Land Cruiser HDJ100 or a diesel G-wagen is calling my name very strongly right now... not sure if I can resist that much longer.

Keep it. If it doesn't affect your monthly budget hang on to it and use it for wheeling where the WK is too "nice" to use use that way.

I hear you man.
I am leaning towards keeping it, not sure that I could sell it even if I wanted to? I bought some new parts for it too, sitting in boxes awaiting some time to install it. Needs a steering box pretty bad, so I haven't been driving it much the past 2 months. I picked up a Specter Performance cowl snorkel and a set of Currie Johnny joints as my RC's are shot. Once that is done, it is GTG. Even after sitting for a couple weeks, fires first crank purrs like a kitten.

I have better keep it...

Hey S Gilbert, I have seen that around town...like the setup. We are planning some Van Isle backroads trips this year, keep in touch here or on the BCJC site and maybe we can get a group trip going somewhere?

Recent.

dSf6L8v.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179