Overland XJs Unite!

elistwrt

Observer
How's it going fellow Overland XJers!!
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Surco J100 brackets and mounting a RTT? With or without crossbars.

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated! I will be buying a RTT in the very near future and I already have the adapters from Surco...

Thanks everybody!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ert01

Adventurer
The rubicon package is ultra rare on XJ's... Because it never existed! He must have just swapped in some d44's and a np241 and tagged it a rubicon himself.

88Xj

Banned
The rubicon package is ultra rare on XJ's... Because it never existed! He must have just swapped in some d44's and a np241 and tagged it a rubicon himself.

Actually the "rubicon" package was listed on xj's build sheet but didn't mean it got a 241 or 44s.. It was like odd ball stuff. I've seen a few built sheets that listed "rubicon" but it wasn't Anything abnormal, or extra on the jeep. Some actually being quite plane jane.

ert01

Adventurer
Well you learn something new everyday. I'd be interested to see one of these sheets to see what they came with and why they were designated a rubicon. Is there any features these rubicon XJ's had in common?

88Xj

Banned
Well you learn something new everyday. I'd be interested to see one of these sheets to see what they came with and why they were designated a rubicon. Is there any features these rubicon XJ's had in common?

I'll search jeepforum for ya, I've seen it numberous times in build threads when folks post their'd build sheet. But nope like I said some were as plane jane as they get. Some seem to have more options. For all I know it could be a set of floor,AT's that they threw in it and just threw that listing on..I'm gonna search it right now.

Post #9 says its common but no one really knows what its for. Post #13 says its the renamed up country package.

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/received-copy-my-build-sheet-but-what-these-137554/

stolz

Adventurer
Here's a photo of my 1996 XJ the day I got her. Have replaced quite a few parts to make her better. I haven't taken any recent pics, but I will take another one soon. Stoked to be on this forum

photo.jpg

First post!

Here's the Chief. Built as an all around adventure rig that can handle just about anything. He's bit overbuilt for overland standards, (one ton axles and currently sitting on 37" tires), but he's still a reliable daily driver. A bed topper is on it's way, and once that is installed, i'll start setting the bed up for longer trips. Hoping to explore as much of t he southwest as possible.

unnamed_zps11ff220f.jpg

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Welcome to ExPo! Nice MJ. Being overbuilt just means you can take the harder scenic route! Same thing I like to do.

rubiconscott

Observer
My 93 2 door...
I have it torn apart right now getting an engine rebuild;d and new springs and a few other things

IMG_1434_zpsbaef6872.jpg

I built it for me and my dog to go get lost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle