Overlander Shower

old_CWO

This:

1594574664492.png

It's the same thing as a home made bug sprayer shower but is already assembled and has a nice neoprene jacket. In addition to the solar heating of the water I top it off with some boiling water. Works great and is very affordable.

trae

Adventurer
This:

View attachment 597986

It's the same thing as a home made bug sprayer shower but is already assembled and has a nice neoprene jacket. In addition to the solar heating of the water I top it off with some boiling water. Works great and is very affordable.

That’s what I got couple of weeks ago. Reviews suggest lack of quality control but my unit has been decent, for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I have a Zodi that came with a soft sided bag to hold the water in. It wasn't very stable. I put the Zodi in a 5 gallon kitty litter bucket with sealable lid. I use the bucket to hold the water when I'm heating the shower.

robert

Expedition Leader
$6 plastic 1gal yard sprayer from Home Depot with the wand removed (nozzle screwed onto the handle) or a Simple Shower. The pump sprayer is probably eight to ten years old; I bought two of the Simple Showers when they introduced them a couple of years ago. Both are simple, cheap and work just fine.

alanymarce

"See to Summit - Pocket Shower" - USD 35 from REI.

If it's cold, heat the water in a pan before putting it in the bag.

Joanne

Adventurer
This is my go-to. Not much to go wrong.

desert_camp_007.jpg

Joanne

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
This:

View attachment 597986

I have a 25 yr old Reunel garden sprayer shower conversion I did. The guts of the sprayers aren't up to par as mine. I assume the new WuHan's have gone the way of most other Chinese products.

Jman99

I use to use a gravity feed canvas bucket system, but too much bulky items, so I now have a shower tent ensuite & a gas lit hot water system. Will not waste my time anymore with these compact half @ss toyz, a little extra prep work for a whole lot of extra comfort.

Mgyver1

Observer
Nemo Helio LX that I use for showers, rinsing dishes, brushing teeth, etc. If the water isn’t warm enough from sitting out all day in the sun I just add in a kettle of boiling water and mix it up. You can fill it from any water source you feel comfortable showering in, but I’ve only ever used potable water since I use it for teeth brushing & in a pinch if I ran out of my regular drinking water I could drink it but it tastes a little rubbery.

It’s ~6 gal capacity and the fact that it’s just a rubber bladder makes it like carrying a dead body when full, but I’m sure the regular Helio at 3 gal is a little more manageable albeit less capacity. Also at the end of the trip when it’s empty it packs down pretty small

Just got the Cabela’s deluxe shower tent (basically a mini turbo tent) that I used for the first time this weekend. It’s pretty big packed but very sturdy and 5’x5’ inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears