overlander vs rock cralwer

kilo19

It also comes down to a perspective I think too.

For instance, my cousin's husband gave me (as a gift) a 1980 cj5. His plans were to lengthen the frame drop an auto trans, big cage, and crawl around in it.

For me, same jeep, I'm going to try to keep the same wheel base, but drop a stick, still put a cage on it, but have doors, a top, possibly some creature comforts, (if thats possible in a cj).

So I think it's all about you as the owner, what you want your jeep to be, or how you build it. Remember all we have here is built, not bought. So was it built to be a crawler, or an overlander...

xwazmtb

Lost and Found at the same time.
:sombrero: Interesting--and what do you THINK the JK/JKU Wranglers are designed for in the "START"

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO
I honestly would say that a jku is a better overland vehicle than a jk both can be out fitted to do both but in terms of a long distance overland vehicle I would go with a jku because of the extra space. I even was thinking of buying a jk Rubicon 2 Dr but I just didn't have enough space to fit my needs and the previous owner had even started making it into more of a rock Crawler. So I went with a 07 4runner v8.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Sounds good-

I honestly would say that a jku is a better overland vehicle than a jk both can be out fitted to do both but in terms of a long distance overland vehicle I would go with a jku because of the extra space. I even was thinking of buying a jk Rubicon 2 Dr but I just didn't have enough space to fit my needs and the previous owner had even started making it into more of a rock Crawler. So I went with a 07 4runner v8.

Thanx for the reply-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger