Ovrlnd / Topo Topper help wanted

rbdudeman@

I've been wanting a truck camper configuration for years but for different reasons could not ultimately pull the trigger. Anyway, I'm at the point now that I'm going to purchase a 'full' topper (not a wedge) and have it narrowed to a few brands. They all seem relatively similiar but there's no way to get a real idea unless I can see and touch one in person. Anyway, I live in South Orange County, CA and would love to see some of these in person. Would anyone that lives in Southern CA be willing to spend fifteen to thirty minutes at their conveinience showing off their topper? I've seen the Project M and the AT Overland so far. I'm hoping to see an Ovrlnd and a Topo 'full' pop top. I'll bring your Starbucks favorite drink of choice for your trouble :)

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'd suggest taking the trip to Topo Toppers in Ventura. I was just there and the quality is excellent. The owners were friendly and welcomed me in with a cranky toddler. They were installing the full pop top on a few tacomas and I got to stand inside one. In comparison to the other toppers I have looked at, the quality of Topo is top notch.

I personally like the look of Topo over OVRLND. More room in OVRLND but I don't like how boxy they are....plus they have about a 1 year build time. Topo is like 3 months I want to say.

rbdudeman@

I hear you about going up to Ventura, I just don't have a day to kill in my near future...it's realistically at least a six hour trip, probably eight hours, from my location with traffic and visit. Hoping I could cut the six hours to about one to two hours. I can dream:)

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I feel you on that. We happened to be up there visiting some friends. But we did make it back home to San Diego on Sunday morning in 3.5 hours. Not bad!

Given your proximity to their location. I imagine there will be one somewhat close to you. Best of luck to you

Billincamo

I spent the last year researching and looking at different toppers on the market. I previously owned a 4 wheel camper and a GFC. I was looking at the same campers you are considering. My search ended yesterday when I went up to Denver and looked at the new Tune Outdoors M1 camper in person. I put a post up yesterday about the M1. Hate to add another choice into the mix but I wouldn't buy one until I checked out the M1. It's a brand new company. I met all three partners and was just as impressed with them as I was the camper. Long story short I put a deposit down on my build. The added bonus, it will be ready in Mid April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12