OX Locker with Electric Actuator?

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
I have a 97 cherokee on a 3.5" RE lift and 31x10.50 tires. I am interested in selectable lockers, but I have the rear Chrysler 8.25 (29 spline) which appears to limit my options to either ARB or OX lockers. Does anyone have any experience with an Ox Locker using the Electric Actuator? Reliability? Installation? Am I better off just getting the ARB?

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
The electric actuator is nice but I'm worried about routing the cable that goes from the cover to the actuator. It's tougher than the air line that the arb's come with but I don't know how much abuse I would trust it with.

postalWagon

Adventurer
I would just use their maunal cable system, if the cable brakes you can remove the cable and use one of the little bolts to get home.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
They also offer a new integrated air shifter version in some models. They basically integrated the little air ram needed to move the fork INSIDE the new diff cover. This a little different than there current shifting options and covers.

Looking at the price it basically puts is slightly ahead of the ARB in my opinion. For the same money you get a HD diff cover. In the past the additional cost of the shifter, cable, etc has always raised the price of the OX to a point that it was a good bit more expensive than the ARB....

Just another thought.....

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
Yeah doesn't matter which actuator you use, if it breaks you can still use a bolt to lock it.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Good point about adding the heavy duty diff cover to the price point when comparing to an arb. The thing that turns me off of air actuated anything is air hose maintenance. I hate tracking down air leaks if there is ever an issue. There also seems to be issues over time with the long cable for the cable actuated model. Electric actuated uses a cable but the length is much shorter. I envision the actuator itself to be the weakest link for electric untis but I have no experience to back that up. It seems like a legitimate option so far....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears