Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

Mtbodie

I don't think the employee had even seen them before, he definitely hadn't lifted one before I asked for the price check. He lazily tried to swing it up by the handle into his arms and just about threw his back out. He was able to grunt through the motion, but I think I saw a tear forming in the corner of his eye.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Dang it, you all are a bad influence. After all the luck of finding my 26 I've about talked myself into getting a 52 when I can find it for use with the pop-up trailer.

Ricer_X_01

Observer
I came really close to repurchasing the 73 I returned... might have been able to fit it in my Xterra where I mounted the 52 for an upcoming road trip. The gf gave me the "look" when she saw me considering it.

pyrate

Rollin' along
I came really close to repurchasing the 73 I returned... might have been able to fit it in my Xterra where I mounted the 52 for an upcoming road trip. The gf gave me the "look" when she saw me considering it.

Did you return your "man card"? :sombrero: (joking w/ ya)

jjmiller9

Had to try it.. An I already have the hooper ... Think this will be less likely to b stolen. Just got it yesterday so no test but seems good for price point. Has some think insl ... But Baggie interior. Not as nice as hopper but at 59 .. Worth a try.

image.jpgimage.jpg

crumplerJeep

Searching online for more information for these coolers is what brought me here.
I need the 26Qt rotomolded one, as I've already got traditional Colemans in 10(ish)qt, 40qt, and 50qt sizes - and these are 'good enough'.

I found the hopper style one online a few days ago
Fentertainment's channel on YouTube (site isn't allowing me to post links, presumably because of my newb status...) reviews the hopper style.

And now feel like I need to get a few of these.
My step-mother's birthday is right around the corner, and then my dad's birthday & father's day.
We've got a family trip planned to the Bahamas in August and my thought is these would make perfect gifts that can double as carry-on baggage, on the flights, and then emptied out at the resort and used as day coolers on the beach.

I've got a line on a hopper20 that can be had for right about $150 - but for that money, I can get 2.5 of the Ozark Trails...

We've got plenty of the nice stainless cups and coozies available at my local wally worlds, but only traditional hard coolers and the cheesy 'lunch bag' style soft sides available.
When will VA get these goodies?
I can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater